The Raffle for the Rescues is now closed. Our thanks to everyone who entered! Donations to the cause will be accepted through 4/2010 through the links below…
We were proud last week to announce our participation in this year’s Race for the Rescues, a charity event, fundraiser and adoption day that benefits the homeless and abandoned animals of Los Angeles. But now we’re bursting at the seams to let you know exactly what we have planned. It’s called Raffle for the Rescues and it’s a chance for you to win 1 of 10 amazing prize packages that have been generously donated to us for the cause. That’s my own rescue dog Charlie with our big roll of raffle tickets, ready to go!
First, the important part; how can you win? All it takes is a lucky raffle ticket. And 2 simple steps Tickets are $5 each or five for $20. Plus, we have a really great feature that we think you’re going to love…You may choose the raffle you would like to enter. Want to use all of your tickets to go for the Clarisonic? Fine. Want to put a few each in the JUARA Candlenut box, La Mer trio and the Jo Malone Kohdo wood box? That’s ok too!
Here what you do…
Step 1: Visit our donation page (click that link!) on the Race for the Rescues site and make your donation in any $5 increment. Remember, one ticket for $5, five for $20 (buy as many as you’d like).
Step 2: forward your donation confirmation email to us at: raffle(at)weheartthis.com and let us know which prizes you’d like your raffle tickets to be entered into.
But wait! If you are in the LA area, plan on visiting us at the Race and buying your raffle tickets in person. Because the first 200 people who buy $20 worth will get a amazing gift bag valued at over $100. Items from Luckyscent.com, Jurlique, Anatomicals and so many more! We’ll list the gift bags items for you next week…
Ok, now for the good part; the raffle prizes!
1. The South Coast Plaza Experience (overall value $2325)
One VERY lucky Southern California winner is going to have quite the weekend at one of the best shopping destinations in the nation!
• Shu Uemura Master class (value $1575)
Our winner will be able to schedule a private class for themselves and 20 of their friends with the makeup artists at the amazing South Coast Plaza Shu Uemura. Complete with sake and hors devours, and sure to be a blast! The winner and guests all get to spend one on one time with an artist to achieve a customized look. Plus they’ll take home skin care samples to fit their regiment and needs. It is a great opportunity for women to expand their cosmetic knowledge (with the assistance of one the best lines on the market!), refresh their look, and mingle with friends.
• Jo Malone (value $400)
Schedule a private shopping event! Allow Jo Malone stylists to accessorize your home, bath and body with their fabulous signature fragrances. As the hostess of this private event you will receive a gift and each of your guests will receive a goody bag with samples. And to get you ready for the event? The winner will receive a gift basket with full sizes of Orange Blossom Body Creme, Orange Blossom cologne and Grapefruit cologne!
• Morton’s Steak House (value $100)
A gift certificate to the SCP location of Morton’s, one of the most famous and delicious steakhouses in the country.
• Finally, a $250 gift certificate to be spent anywhere at South Coast Plaza!
2. The Extravaganza (overall value $616)
And oh, what an extravaganza it is! We’ve grouped together some amazing lines and one lucky winner will get them all.
• Renee Rouleau ($118) 3 fabulous products: Aloe Cleansing Milk, Elderberry Toner and Mint Buffing Beads. Plus a headband and toning pads.
• tarte ($65) we heart tarte! The eyeQuatic set and Natural Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride, all in a cute tote.
• Xen Tan ($65) Their Luxe line (and best tanning products around): Deep Bronze, Transform and Face tanner.
• Pacifica ($40) Yum, the Lotus Garden body wash and lotion (just launched!)
• Hourglass ($58) The beautiful Burlesque Blush Palette.
• Giella ($100) 6 items from these clever custom crafters: Lip pencil, Eye pencil, Nail polish, Cheek tint, Lip gloss and a Vitamin C Tonic.
• SKYN Iceland ($45) Their Detox kit, it’s like rehab for skin!
• Cosmoholic ($40) The lush and soon to be released Holiday liquid lipstick set with Rockstar Red and Gold Digger.
• e.l.f. ($25) A beautiful gift pack. ($25 at e.l.f. is a lot of product!)
• Sugar Baby ($10) Retro and cute: Beauty Queen Body Lotion.
• And as if there isn’t enough beauty in this prize already, the winner of the extravaganza will also receive a $50 Gift Certificate to one of our favorite sites; BeautyTicket.com!
3. The Fab Four (overall value $867)
Forget the Beatles, these four brands are truly fab, and some of our most highly rated favorites.
• Face Stockholm ($145) A gift bag of 5 full size items from this cult favorite: Swedish Solution Skincare, Magic Wand, Volumizing Mascara, Lip Treatment and a Creme Blush!
• David Babaii for Wild Aid ($329) Lucky you, you get the whole collection, 14 amazing items! From shampoos and conditioners, every styling product you could possible need, plus a 1″ flat iron and a professional hair dryer-you’ll be beautifully covered in an any hair situation.
• Julie Hewett ($143) We have been gushing over this brand for ages (most recently about their Noir red lipstick collection). Here’s the chance to see why. You’ll get The Petite Four palette, Lip Liner and Lipstick in Oona Noir, Camellia Balm, Jamie Cheek and Lip shine and a Chubbie Cheek brush.
• Benefit ($250) Could we heart Benefit anymore? Answer; not possible! This cheeky line of easy to wear products, with a retro nod in everything they do is one of our all time favorite lines. They’ve put together a basket of 11 goodies for one very lucky winner that tips the value scale at $250!
4. Jo Malone ($350)
A perfect 5 star rating from us for the beautiful Kohdo Wood collection. Now, you get a chance to win 4 products from the line! Dark Amber and Ginger Lily Cologne and bath oil, and Lotus Blossom & Water Lily Cologne and shower gel.
5. Pets and Food! (overall value $267)
Pet lover? Foodie? Both? Well, this is the fab prize package for you!
• Silvermark ($100) This fab company has put together a deluxe Salad Lover’s Gift Basket which includes (amongst other items): The Toss & Chop, Herb & Garden Snips, Multi-Purpose Kitchen Shears, Assorted Color Coated Santoku Knives and a Folding Cutting Board. They’ve even included a bonus squirrel for one lucky dog!
• Xroads Philippine Sea Salts ($22) We loved these delicious gourmet salts, you will too.
• Caroline’s Cakes ($45, and they’ll even ship for free!) These are the best cakes on the planet, and you get to pick one to be delivered directly to your doorstep. We’d never tell you what to do, but we’d choose the Seven Layer caramel cake if we were you…
• Hot Dog Digital pet portrait ($50) Ever want to see what your pet would look if they were an old time dandy? Well, here’s your chance…
• Good Boy Design pet silhouette ($50) A custom silhouette of your own little angel, designed by yours truly.
6. JUARA Candlenut gift box (value $115)
We’ve flipped for JUARA, the line based on Indonesian botanicals (look for a review in the near future), as will the winner of this set. Hand Balm, Body Polish, Perfume Oil, Soap and Lip balm, all with luxurious Candlenut oil.
7. Crème de la Mer ($310)
There is a reason that this line has a cult following, it’s the epitome of the word fabulous. Crème de la Mer has generously donated the one and only Crème, plus their Body Refiner and Hand Cream for the winner.
8. Clarisonic (value $149)
You’ve heard us rave, now learn yourself why we heart the Clarisonic. One winner will get the Limited Edition Mia, a smaller but equally fabulous travel size version.
9. Origins (value $140)
9 items from Origins to make you smile (they do so for us): Make a Difference Skin rejuvenating treatment and treatment lotion, Clean Energy Gentle cleansing oil, A Perfect World Antioxidant cleanser, Jump Start Stimulating conditioner and body bar and Step Lively Energizing foot cream. Plus, Gloomaway Grapefruit gum and a foot soak!
10. McBride Beauty ($118)
Another line new to wht is McBride Beauty (review coming soon). We are all a-flutter for this natural NY line with their simple and cute packaging. The winner will receive Cucumber & Aloe body lotion, Soy & Coconut cleansing bar, Grapefruit & Aloe toner, Rosewater & Neem day cream and Wheat Germ & Avocado night cream.
We have also decided to put some last minute donations together into a we heart this natural extravaganza for the Silent Auction that will be held at the event. The basket has over a $400 value and contains:
• Deserving Thyme ($75) We’ve adored this line for years and are very excited to be bringing you a review soon. Till then, trust us; you want this assortment of aromatherapy spa products.
• Tsi-La ($215) These perfumes are a blend of Organic & Natural ingredients. They are also absolutely amazing! We have a mini perfume collection and a full size Misaki, a blend of lavender, warm tea, Sicilian bergamot, crushed mint and Tahitian vanilla orchid.
• Dr. Hauschka ($122) The leaders in organic skin care (and all around wonderful company) have put together a Lemon Care kit for the lucky auction winner.
Whew, how about those prizes? Our thanks again to all the companies who have so generously donated. Even if you don’t win a prize, you can feel good knowing you are helping a very good cause, as all proceeds from raffle tickets will benefit The Race for the Rescues. Good Luck everyone!