It’s all about making progress and moving forward at the beginning of a brand new year! We’ve kicking off 2010 with a slightly revamped Saturday wrap up post; the we heart weekly delivering all of the things that really made out heart pound (and had our fingers clicking) during the past week.
We’ll also be sharing our Photo of the Week – the one image that made us smile or had us thinking that week. My first picture is all about some major progress made in my household over the holidays! My cat Giles’ mission for the past two years has been to befriend and snuggle with my housemate Eric’s, crotchety, old wiener dog (i.e.: the Wiener). Slowly, things have progressed from the Wiener not allowing Giles to be in the same room, to grudging tolerance, to even letting Giles in his (Eric’s) room. We had our own Christmas miracle when we discovered Giles had finally broken the bed barrier and was napping peacefully next to the Wiener. He’s been ever so slowly inching closer and closer to the Wiener during afternoon naptime. Now that’s progress!
Here’s the sites and stories that had me as almost as excited as naptime this week:
• Every beauty maven’s heart is aflutter with the latest from MAC, the bright, happy and colorful Lillyland Collection. The internet’s reigning princess of all things MAC, the lovely Temptalia has all the details, plus pictures and swatches of the hottest item in the Lillyland line, the Cremeblend Blushes. Go see and swoon!
• If your home could use some sprucing up this new year, check out Decor8′s simple suggestions: Refreshing Your Home: 8 Tips for ideas to use this weekend!
• Remember Bakerella’s incredible Pop Cakes? She’s back with a wintery take on the cutest cakes ever; Snowman Cake Pops.
• Need more bright, poppy makeup? Karen at Makeup and Beauty Blog has a great look at the latest from Smashbox, the Heartbreaker collection.
• Lastly, I really made some progress when I convinced Stef to watch the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical with me. Verdict? She hearted it! You can find more singing and dancing television episodes with TWOP‘s Photo Gallery of the Best Musical Moments of all time.
Weekly Deal Update! Of course we didn’t forget shopping! We want to share the best deals of the week too and our first we heart weekly deal is from an essential line in my make up arsenal, Benefit Cosmetics. Get up to 70% off your fave products during The Annual Benefit Sale-abration! My pick, for which I happily paid full price last fall is the girl’s night in collection – I’m wearing the cream eyeshadow “birthday suit” as I type! Plus, “skinny jeans” is an amazing deep blue liner/shadow and the brush included in the set is in the heavy rotation jar on my vanity. At only $33.60 this sweet set(it also includes a creamy lipstick in “lady’s choice” and mannequin magnets) would make a fab bday gift!
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate link, a link that gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.