I am not the type to wish away summer, but I am counting the days until November and the release of the latest book, Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People from wht hero, Amy Sedaris. One look at the cover (that dress!) convinced me this had to be our Photo of the Week.
After publishing the most hilarious and ever-useful entertaining guide, I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence (if you don’t already have a copy – trust me, order it today), Amy is back with a whole book devoted to her unique crafty style. And how can I not own a book that promises the steps to “make popular crafts, such as: crab-claw roach clips, tinfoil balls, crepe-paper moccasins and seashell toilet seat covers!”
Guess I need to keep myself occupied in the meantime with my own craft projects and adding some summer style to my home. This week I’ve got some links offering a few inspirations for both indoors and out, from a few of our favorite decorating divas:
• Leave it to one of the craftiest ladies in the biz, Martha Stewart and her eponymous website to be overflowing with summer craft and decorating ideas during their 60 Days of Summer celebration. A few places to start: 60 Summer Crafts, 60 Summer Decorating Ideas and 60 Summer Activities for Kids.
• If you are about to run away in confusion – too many choices! – relax. We posted a super simple, very summery project here at wht just a few weeks ago. And kids will like this one too – it involves chalkboard paint! DIY Guide – Chalkboard Paint Pots.
• Have a fireplace in your home that you want to be the center of attention all year long? CasaSugar has some solutions: 10 Ways to Bring Summer Style to Your Fireplace.
• Teeny-tiny yard? A miniscule balcony? Urban dweller? That doesn’t mean you can’t have a grill of your very own. Summer evenings are just too nice to spend in a kitchen. Find the perfect little grill over at Remodelista, where they rounded up a nice selection: 10 Easy Pieces: Portable Outdoor Grills.
• If you are not ready to dive into a home or crafts project, how about treating yourself to a nice mani/pedi? Beauty blogger, Temptalia has a fabulous look at one the newest (and prettiest) polish collections of the season: SpaRitual Nail Lacquer in Summer Hues: Part One and Part Two.