Oh, what a wonderful weekend I am about to have. The number one reason? The Mad Men Season 4 premiere on Sunday! I’ve been waiting for this for what seems like forever. This also allows me to run this scandalously handsome pic of Jon Hamm again as our Photo of the Week. Le sigh…
I’m also excited because other than watching that premiere, I’ve got nothing planned. Nada! I’ve been way too busy lately, and the thought of some glorious nothingness sounds perfect.
Here are some other things that had me excited this week (and if you’ve got nothing planned too, I suggest you give them all a look!)
• Staying on the Mad Men theme, Style.com had an interview with their head makeup artist and a peek at the makeup we’re going to be seeing on the ladies this season.
• Speaking of peeks, Temptalia has added images to her MAC Fabulous Felines preview. It just so happens that last week I started adding to my makeup kitty for this collection specifically…MEOW!
• One of our favorite local boutiques, Swift has been wowing us for years with their amazing selection of high-quality, vintage clothes and accessories. We’re in good company, Mad Men costume designer Janie Bryant has declared it one of her favorite shops. Read the Swift interview with Janie here and then check out the ever-changing and mind blowing Swift Etsy store.
• Look what Apartment Therapy found. A world map covered in gold foil made so that you can scratch off any place you’ve traveled to (a la a lottery ticket). I think that may make me travel more. There’s something about taking to foil with a coin that is so satisfying!
• Our shopping buddies at The Beauty Look Book and Orange to LA got a closer look at the new Burberry Beauty line (one word: love!) Sabrina has great photos of the Soft Satin Lipsticks and Diane delves into the Sheer Eye Shadows (which are not so sheer!)
Having a Mad Men theme party? We did for season 3 (and had a whole week of posts to get ready for it). Be sure to check out:
• How to have a Mad Men theme party
• Retro Appetizer Bonanza
• Sex and the Single Girl – a book report on Cosmo editor, Helen Gurley Brown’s 1962 masterpiece. It’s said that Matthew Weiner instructed his female cast to read this in preparation for their roles as mid-century women. (And it may just be one of Krista’s funniest posts).
How about it chicks? What are you up to this weekend?