Look at the view I woke up to one day this week! We forgot to shut our blinds one night and I rolled over in my bed at dawn only to find the sun streaming in on my vanity, making it look like the Holy Grail. I wanted to wake up and put on lipstick! Of course, I knew it had to be our Photo of the Week (especially after stumbling out of bed to find my camera!)
Here are some other heavenly visions from the week…
• I can’t bake to save my life. But I *think* I might be able to whip up an ice cream cake. Check out this one from Epicurious: Coconut Coffee Marbled Ice Cream Cake. It’s layered coffee ice cream and coconut sorbet crusted with a mix of chocolate wafers and espresso powder. Oh my freaking yum.
• They are starting to promote 2011 calendars. Seriously, it’s that time already? While I’m not quite ready for a wall version yet, I know exactly what I’m buying for the 2nd year as my personal planner; the Paper Source Perpetual Calendar. Beautifully designed and it gives the ability to plan your year as you see fit. You write in the dates as you plan your weeks. So if you want to play hooky one week and schedule nothing, it’s up to you (and you won’t have to look at unused pages and feel guilty).
• I got a Daily Candy email this week promoting a NYC play called Abraham Lincoln’s Big Gay Dance Party. Of course I couldn’t get Electric Six’s Gay Bar out of my head. (Easily offended? No need to click!) Tyna and I ran around Provincetown RI singing this to everyone we met the summer this came out. Good times!
• Could you love the Turner Classic Movie Channel as much as me? Answer: not possible! Especially since the Daily Heller introduced me to the Michael Schwab designed posters for their Summer Under the Stars movie event (every day in August is a marathon of movies featuring a chosen star). They feature silhouettes of the actors and actresses as they appeared in some of their most iconic films, and they are beyond fabulous. Check out Paul Newman’s poster showing Cool Hand Luke (he’s sexy even in silhouette!) Best of all? You can download a trading card set of all the posters. How great would it be to frame a group of four? Follow this link and click on their logo to see the whole lineup.
• Finally, thanks for the beauty love this week everyone! Swatches and in action pics are hard. It means the world to us when you take the time to leave a comment and let us know what you like (or don’t like) about the collections we’ve shown you. I was happy to see that more than a few of you are going to be checking out the two latest MAC launches for yourself. And if you still need convincing on Dare to Wear’s bold and fab shadows, check out the swatch master general herself; Temptalia’s Part 1 and Part 2 swatch-spectacular!
What’s everyone up to this fine August weekend?