America’s Best Sandwiches, DIY inspiration and Armani goes 80′s
How hungry does our Photo of the Week make you? It’s none other than an authentic Philly cheesesteak. This one is from Jim’s on South Street and has grilled onions, sweet peppers and extra Whiz! I won’t spend time schooling you, but know this: if you’ve had one at a TGI Fridays, Chili’s or some other chain – you have not had a real cheesesteak. And I feel bad for you.
• This photo was chosen due to a post I saw this week on Endless Simmer, declaring America’s Top 10 new sandwiches. While most look delicious, #9 made my Philadelphia heart boil. Don’t mess with our cheesesteaks, yo!
• Speaking of food, have you ever seen They Draw and Cook? It’s a site full of recipes rendered by artists and illustrators, and it’s fabulous.
• We heart a good DIY (possibly even more than sandwiches, if you can imagine!) Which is why we absolutely love P.S. I made this… What can’t crafty superstar Erica Domesek recreate? Answer: nothing!
• The 2011 Academy Award nominations were announced this week. Was your favorite on the list? I have to say, I’m shocked that Black Swan wasn’t nominated for costume design or makeup. Huh?
• Finally, a bit of beauty for you! I’m loving the 80s vibe of the new Giorgio Armani Femme Bleue Eye Shadow Palette (which Orange To LA so beautifully shared). The colors make me wanna break out the Aquanet and drink a wine cooler in their honor!
Tyna and I have a major wht weekend planned: meetings, shopping and shipping! What’s the haps with YOU this weekend, readers?