Our swatches and review of this fabulous QVC collection
A couple of weeks ago, we told you about meeting the delightful Maureen Kelly (the heart of tarte!) and getting a sneak peek at a whole slew of upcoming Spring/Summer products. While we oohed and aahed over everything, it reached it’s loudest pitch over the 8th World Wonder kit, the 7 piece (+ bag) QVC exclusive Amazonian Clay collection. We marked our calenders with baited breath for the launch, and the day has come. Get the collection NOW! And we do mean now, something this fabulous will not last.
Starting at Midnight tonight and all day tomorrow, Monday March 14th, Maureen will be on QVC showing millions of viewers this beauty of a collection. Lucky we heartsters, you get a couple of hours heads up to get your wallets ready. For one day, you can get it for $48. After the 14th, the collection will sell for $58 (if there are any left!) and single items won’t be available anywhere other than QVC until 7/31/11. So, just what does this collection contain, the collection that made two hardcore beauty addicts flip their respective lids?
1. Amazonian clay long-wear eyeshadow palette with four shades: Shimmering Cocoa, Shimmering Bronze, Shimmering Sand and Shimmering Plum – oh, what a palette! Housed in a recycled bamboo case, the 4 shades are richly pigmented, with the clay making them velvety smooth as well.
2. Amazonian clay automatic waterproof eyeliner in Golden Plum (0.008 oz.) – finally, a plum that warm toned girls can enjoy as well! This is a dark shimmery plum that can be layered for even more depth. Applied lightly, it almost takes on a brown look, with a slight hint of red (but no gold, despite the name). Applied heavily, it has a blackened burgundy look. Happily for me, neither application leans too much to the cool side. Best of all, the non-budging formula.
3. Lights, Camera, Lashes! volumizing mascara in Black (0.24 fl oz) - rounding out the eye products is this tarte favorite.
4. Amazonian clay 12-hour wear powder blush in Glisten (0.20 oz) – This peachy-pink shade is packed with golden shimmer. I feared it might be too frosty on, but blended well and applied lightly, it’s very pretty.
5. Pure Optic moisturizing lip gloss in Golden Pink (0.14 fl oz) – A big fan of tarte glosses, I was excited to see a new formula and a new click-brush applicator. Golden Pink is the counterpart to Glisten, a beautiful peachy-pink with large flecks of golden shimmer. Beautiful, and minty too!
6. Deluxe Airbrush Finish Foundation Brush – ah, there it is; the item that had Tyna and I most in a tizzy. This massive brush (1.75 inches in diameter) has a chunky recycled bamboo handle and is used to buff foundation into your skin, leaving you with a flawless finish. This amazing brush “works with foundation to help reduce the appearance of pores, discolorations, and imperfections and ensure a flawless complexion.” And you know what, it really does! Plus, if you keep it stored away from dust and dirt, Maureen told us first hand that it only gets better with each use (as the product works it way into the bristles). I LOVE this thing.
7. Amazonian clay balancing foundation SPF 15 in Fair, Light, Medium, Tan or Deep (1.7 fl oz) – You know we’re huge fans of Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer (it even made my favorite products of 2010 list). Well, meet it’s harder working counterpart! For times when you need a bit more coverage, this foundation comes to the rescue in a lightweight, oil free formula. The Muse posted swatches of all the shades, if you’re wondering which one is right for you.
Bonus item: a beautiful woven clutch/cosmetic bag in tarte’s signature purple. I would totally use this for a night out!
Whew! Have we convinced you that you need this kit? Then get the tarte 8th World Wonder kit right NOW!
Anyone take the plunge and purchase? Let us know what you’re most excited for!
Stef is many things. Amongst them: co-editor of we heart this, graphic designer, Philly girl in the California desert, borderline hoarder and a hardcore beauty junkie.
Disclosure: This review includes products that were provided by the manufacturer/PR firm for our consideration. It also may contain an affiliate link, a link that gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.