‘B’ in O Magazine! Plus Dogs, Cats, S’mores and more
Old friend and wht member Bronwen has made us quite proud! You may recall that she and her husband are the proprietors of foodie haven the Spice Station. This month you can see ‘B’ as she’s known our houses, in the pages of O, the Oprah Magazine!
Our Photo of the Week is from the July 2011 issue of this inspiring magazine, where you’ll find Bronwen looking amazing in the Spice Station courtyard, the subject of “the Leap” feature. Way to go B!
• And we can’t ignore one of the wht mascots, Ted the Boston Terrier. This always ready for love doggie (just keep away from the cosmetics!) stars in his very own comic caper over at Makeup and Beauty Blog. Thanks Karen! 9 Things: Simple Pleasures
• And for every puppy link, Giles insists I add one for cats. My favorite internet find of the week, How to pet a Kitty, had me giggling at my desk. The Oatmeal include sage advice like to never turn down a cat belly rub as “It has been said that petting the tummy of a kitty is like frolicking in the back hair of an angel.”
• A quick and ingenious idea from Lifehacker I had to share! Protect your counters when using flat irons and curling irons in colorful style with silicone-potholders
• This gallery from Flavorwire combines two of my favorite summer pastimes: reading and cocktails! (And I love that Dorthy Parker enjoyed some whiskey sours!) How to drink like your favorite author
• Finally, one more summer fave, S’mores, gets a twist with this yummy cupcake recipe seen over at wht writer’s site the wicked noodle. Don’t worry vegetarians, the recipe calls for marshmallow creme which does not contain gelatin. S’mores Cupcake Recipe
And how was your week readers? Share your moments big and small in the comments!
Tyna, co-founder and co-editor of wht, worries about becoming a crazy cat lady, reads at least a book a week, checks in at a Flyers fan forum every morning and is forever (some say obsessively) organizing her closets and drawers.