Fact: I love statement jewelry, and I think that’s pretty obvious by now! If there’s anything I love even more than statement jewelry, it’s easy and simple projects that allow you to customize as much as you want. I’m pleased to say today’s DIY, a Fabric Flower Ring has it all!
This statement of a ring can be made with any kind of material that you have on hand. If you have been saving remnants of material, now’s the time to pull them out! I used brown tooled leather, which makes it a perfect fall accessory. (Yep, it’s time to think fall.) But you could use any hue or print to go with the current season, holiday or even outfit.
• Scrap fabric/leather
• E6000/super glue
• Ring blank
• Large button
• Small button, for center of flower
1. Cut out a petal in your desired shape and size. Use this first piece to trace more petals – you’ll want about six total for this project.
2. Cut out the petals.
3. Glue the petals onto the flat/back side of the button.
4. Glue smaller button to center of petals, then glue ring blank to reverse side of button. Let dry overnight.
5. Place on finger and wear with pride!
Tip: Once you’ve got a ring for fall, start exploring materials. Use brighter colors for the summer, deep jewel tones for the winter and pastel colors for the spring. Before you know it, you’ll have a ring for every one of your favorite outfits.
Enjoy your customized statement ring!
Readers, what remnants will you use to create your own Fabric Flower Ring?
Kirsten of Studs-and-Pearls.com is currently in graduate school, working towards her Masters of Science in Nutrition. She loves vintage shoes, photography, and baking at obscure hours of the night. Her art and DIY supplies are currently taking over her apartment, and she wouldn’t want it any other way.