Hey we heartsters! It’s been a beauty and fashion filled shop-fest lately, between our NYC John Frieda makeovers and shopping this weekend at South Coast Plaza. So let’s carry on the theme with this weekly…
Our Photo of the Week is from Ricky’s, where we were lucky to have a cozy little shopping spree last Friday (2 hours, and it could have been longer). We’ll have a post coming up soon with pics of our haul and non-stop gushing for this NY landmark.
• The Shoe Snob is a really deadly site for me; day after day of beautiful shoes that are so not within my budget. Like these Nina Ricci Gradient Knee Boots for $1390. A girl can dream, right?
• I’ve been intrigued by Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate for it’s claims of better looking skin by morning. But my oily skin still shudders at the thought of applying pure oil on it. But now that they’ve released Midnight Recovery Eye, which targets lines, puffiness and dark circles – I think it’s time to see what all the fuss is about.
• Smell Bent has just released North by Northwest, inspired by Brent and co’s summer vacation up north. Most of us come back from vacation broke and 5 lbs. heavier. Brent comes back and creates a collection “overflowing with rich, earthy aromas and robust forest scents” disguised as woodland creature. He’s cool like that. Shewolf must be mine: sweet citrus, candied patchouli, dry cedar, and oodles of vulgar vanilla’d musk.
• Check out this beautiful and creepily fascinating video from Ellis Faas. The is inspiration? Ellis said “As a late teenager, I visited the Tate Gallery in London and was blown away by a Francis Bacon triptych. It made a great impression on me because of the use of colour – it was unnerving and stunningly beautiful at the same time.” It’s titled A” Family Affair” because it stars her brother Thijs and the score is by her daughter Flavia. They don’t call them makeup artists for nothing!
• Question: how happy are we that Molton Brown has released fragrances? Answer: quite a bit. They’re listed as Saks Fifth Avenue exclusives. And what do you know? Tyna and I will be in store at Saks at South Coast Plaza today (Saturday, Oct 1) from 12-4. Stop by, say hi, and have a sniff!
So, what’s up with YOU this weekend, chicks?