From beauty to fashion, glitter has been everywhere lately. It’s definitely one of the hottest trends of the season, and I’m not complaining. I’m absolutely loving how glitter isn’t just for little girls anymore, and how it can be used in a glamorous and classy way.
This month (when we’re all feeling a little festive) my DIY uses some glitter to add a little sparkle to one of my favorite pairs of vintage shoes. Obviously, you can go all out and cover the entirety of each shoe, but I wanted just a subtle touch to the heels.
Glittery Heeled Shoes
• Small plastic cup
• Ultra fine glitter
• Gloss glaze (can be found in the glue or paint section at the craft store)
• Foam paintbrush
• Shoes of your choice (I would recommend starting with a pair of vintage and/or inexpensive shoes)
1. Start with clean, dry shoes and make sure there isn’t any dirt, debris, stickiness, etc. on the heel of both shoes.
2. Add equal parts gloss and glaze in the plastic cup.
I chose black glitter so that it will match with everything I own. Choose your favorite color glitter, and just have fun with it!
3. Mix thoroughly.
4. Carefully start brushing the glitter/glaze mixture on to the heel.
5. Repeat on the other heel.
6. Before setting each shoe aside to dry, sprinkle a little more glitter onto the heel if you’d like.
7. Let dry overnight, and rock your sparkling fun shoes!
Happy holidays everyone – hope you’re rocking a pair of Glittery Heel Shoes this season!
Kirsten of Studs-and-Pearls.com is currently in graduate school, working towards her Masters of Science in Nutrition. She loves vintage shoes, photography, and baking at obscure hours of the night. Her art and DIY supplies are currently taking over her apartment, and she wouldn’t want it any other way.