Plus Shopping Picks and Styling Tips in Fall’s Chicest Hues
Ahh fall. Crisp, clean air. Warm, cozy fires. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. This season has so much to offer and if the latest runways are any indication, the color craze won’t stop at the foliage.
This season we’re seeing some amazing items in stunning color options. No need to slink into the black, brown, and grey pieces of autumns past when there are so many fabulous colors brightening our closets.
Here’s a rundown of this fall’s 5 top color picks and how you can wear them:
1. Royal Blue — Not just reserved for the royal family across the pond, a royal blue pair of shorts can look super chic with a blazer and heels for a night out with the girls.
2. Orange — Fall’s signature color can be yours too! Top a sheer, orange blouse over grey skinnies and flats for Saturday errands.
3. French Roast — A deep coffee color brings new life to a pair of classic cords. Add flats, a white oxford and simple cardigan for the office.
4. Burgundy — Dubbed oxblood this fashion season; it’s become the “it” color. So match your pants to your wine glass. Wine-colored skinny jeans look great with riding boots and an easy white tee.
5. Chartreuse — Guaranteed to stick out in your closet this fall, a chartreuse ruffled blouse adds a perfect pop to an otherwise simple outfit. Pair with another “it” color this season, topping royal blue ankle-length pants and flats as the temps begin to cool. (Or, wear it to the Emmy’s! Didn’t you love Julie Bowen’s gown last night? ~Stef)
A little wary of the color trend? Stick with some of the season’s more muted hues. Burnt olive, mustard, and hunter green are all great options to add a pop of color without looking like a bag of M&Ms.
Readers — how will you embrace the color trends of the season?
Marissa is a public relations professional by day and jewelry designer and entrepreneur by night. She has an affinity for creativity and inspiring style and loves writing, reading, and being in the sun.