I’m super excited for The Makeup Show LA this weekend! It will be my first time attending, though I’ve heard tales of this fab event for years; more mellow than IMATS because it’s pro only (so the lines are not nearly as insane) but just as exhilarating.
It’s going to be a full weekend; I’ll be at the blogger preview tonight (where I’ll be meeting up with Emi of Project Swatch), on Saturday Sherri and I will be shopping like mad women and I’m also meeting up with the amazing makeup artist Elle Leary to work on a couple of tricks we have up our sleeves (stay tuned for that!)
Because I’m a planner, you KNOW I’ve got a game plan for the lines I want to see:
• Cult Nails – my “to buy” list is embarrassingly long for this blogger-loved indie brand.
• Ellis Faas – we’re long time fans around wht headquarters. I’ve got my eye on their Skin Veil.
• MAKE UP FOR EVER – they’ve been vying for the place as my favorite line. And I was SO sad they weren’t at IMATS. So hooray for The Makeup Show for uniting us!
• Kevyn Aucoin – any day I can swatch Kenyn Aucoin products is a good day.
• OCC – I couldn’t even get close to the counter at IMATS, let alone brave the wrap around line. We’ve got some catching up to do.
• NARS – squee, NARS! I’m a little scared at the damage that can be done here…
And the list goes on: Embryolisse, Face Atelier, Inglot, Makeup Designory, Nigel Beauty Emporium, Youngblood…
Get ready for my haul post coming soon. It could be quite large!
Anyone going to The Makeup Show or been to one in the past? Let us know in the comments.
more posts to heart
Filed in: beauty & fashion