This week we took at look at MUFE’s Pro Finish Powder, learned some nail art techniques and coveted Stef’s gift bag from The Makeup Show Los Angeles.
But a woman can’t live on cosmetics alone, here are a few links that caught our attention this week:
• If you’re active on Twitter, Facebook or pretty much anywhere on the internet, you’ve heard about the Veronica Mars Movie Kickstarter Project. Unable to get a movie off the ground for the much beloved television show by going the usual route; creator Rob Thomas turned to the fans to raise the funds – and shocked the movie industry by collecting their $2 million goal in just hours (they currently stand at over 4 million). Obsessed television fans may have just changed the way movies are green-lighted in Hollywood.
• Not familiar with teen detective Veronica and her friends in Neptune? No worries, you can catch the first two season for FREE over at the WB – Veronica Mars on the WB.
• And if you’re wondering why you should watch a teen show that was canceled years ago, this list from Jezebel may change your mind (warning: lots of spoilers!) – 10 Things I Learned from Veronica Mars
• Fans of another much-loved female-centric series, The Gilmore Girls now have their own movie on their mind. Until we see that Kickstarter in action, occupy yourself with the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge – a list of every book mentioned by the whip-smart character during the series run. How many have you read?
• Not a Gilmore Girls fan? We’ve got our own list of must reads from one of our favorite (and much missed) shows – Lost. Delve into a few new books (or revisit a favorite) by checking out this classic wht post – Lost Required Reading.
Readers – what pop culture events had you all aflutter this week?
Tyna, co-founder and co-editor of wht, worries about becoming a crazy cat lady, reads at least a book a week, checks in at a Flyers fan forum every morning and is forever (some say obsessively) organizing her closets and drawers.