Who better to design a Makeup Bag than a Makeup artist?
I learned early in life, if you want to be successful at something, look at what the professionals in that field are doing and learn from their actions. My Achilles heel is remaining organized and efficient with my beauty products while traveling. Enter the Kim Greene Line of cosmetics and travel bags to help me (and you!)
Kim Greene designed her line of bags after years of traveling and working as a makeup artist in the film and television industry as a way to keep her life organized, and her supplies sanitary and in top condition.
I was thrilled to test out the Essential 2.0 Bag ($23) and its features include:
• 3 Outer Zippered Pockets – to assist with organization
• Two smaller pockets – these are perfect for cotton balls, q-tips, lip gloss or anything smaller that you do not want to co-mingle with other items
• One larger pocket – it’s great for palettes, make up brushes or combs
• A removable and adjustable (up to 15 inches) shoulder strap – so you can sling it over your shoulder, around your wrist or hand it from anywhere in your hotel room (like a door knob)
• The bag is made with .5 PVC heavy gauge see through vinyl – so you can see all your products at glance
As you can see by the image, this is nicely sized and I could stuff it with all of my essentials (and a few extras). Once in use, I could see that this is one quality bag made with top-notch vinyl and it will outlast most any other makeup bag. As a bonus, it is also easy to clean and wash. This tote will save me some money in the long run, as I won’t need to throw away yet another damaged and/dirty bag. (Trust me: I have killed many makeup bags since I travel three to five nights a week for work.)
The Essential 2.0 Bag is available in five see-through accent colors; pink, green, blue, grey and clear. I love the concept of color coding my various skincare, makeup and hair items. I think it would help me stay organized and simplify my cosmetic bags on the run.
Speaking of being on the run, in this helpful video, Kim gives a quick demo and packing lesson on how get the most from her Essential 2.0 Bag.
• Great quality and very sturdy
• Easy to clean
• All compartments have a zipper and it helps keep everything in place and sanitary
• Price may be a bit expensive for some – especially if you want one in every color like I do!
Readers – are you an organized packer? Share your secrets in the comments!
photos: we heart this
Holly is a Midwestern gal living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. She loves gardening, animals and is a skin care junkie. Holly is always on the quest to try something new or old and live the best life possible.
Disclosure: This review includes products that were provided by the manufacturer/PR firm for our consideration. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.