Happy Friday Readers! This week we discovered the perfect nude lipstick (6 of them in fact) with Hourglass Cosmetics’ Femme Nude Lip Stylo, raved over the incredible scents of 100% Pure’s Body Creams and jumped into fall with bareMinerals’ Power Neutrals collection. But life is about more than beauty products, here are a few links that made us happy this week:
• Our image this week comes from Pier Nicola D’Amico and a newly released online collection of photos from the late 70′s and early 80′s following the Philadelphia punk rock scene. – Between Glam Rock and New Wave: The Lost Archive
• While ‘spring cleaning’ may be the norm, I find I do more clearing out and redecorating during the fall. In fact, I’m knee-deep in piles to ship off to Goodwill as we speak. I’m also thinking of painting a few walls that need an update. For some great color ideas, House Beautiful has collected a number of up and coming hues. – The 11 Paint Colors That Will Be Hot Next
• Is snack time the happiest part of your dogs (and your) day? Admit it, you’ve been curious about the taste of those treats that make him so happy. One brave man put the most popular treats to the test with adorable results. - Our editor and his puppy taste-test dog treats
• Good news/bad news for Mad Men fans. While we may be getting new episodes a little sooner than expected (Spring 2014) we’ll have to wait a WHOLE YEAR to see how things end as the final season will be split into two. The Los Angeles Times broke the news that the final 7 episodes will drop in Spring 2015. – ‘Mad Men’ final season, 14 episodes, to air in 2 parts
• The other good news? The new television season is upon us! Hopefully, you’ll find some shows to hold you over until Mad Men hits the air again. We’re pretty darn excited for the premiere of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – the new Joss Whedon series based on the Marvel Superheroes. And we’re equally excited to announce our very own Amity will be recapping the show. Check out the trailer, watch the premiere this Tuesday at 8pm, and then join on us on Wednesday morning to rehash the show!
Readers – how was YOUR week?
Tyna, co-founder and co-editor of wht, worries about becoming a crazy cat lady, reads at least a book a week, checks in at a Flyers fan forum every morning and is forever (some say obsessively) organizing her closets and drawers.