This weekend we ring in the New Year and all the hope and possibility one can muster for 2017! I have to say that 2016 started out horribly for me, but there was some good throughout the year. Then there were a few more bumpy lows along the way (I cannot believe David Bowie, Prince and Carrie Fisher are gone!) The way I see it is if I’m still kicking come midnight tomorrow, it’s all good. That being said, I want to hear all about your 2016, which brings us to this week’s 3 Things…
1. What was your best moment from 2016? I had a few. One highlight was joining Stef in Los Angeles for The Makeup Show earlier in the year. I flew first class for the first time, got to wear a fancy gown and got a HUGE gift bag of swag. It was my first solo adventure and it was so much fun! Another highlight was getting to visit Scotland for 2 weeks with the hubby. I’d always wanted to go, so it was definitely a bucket list item for me. I even got to cruise on Loch Ness! The country is gorgeous and it was an amazing way to spend our 13th wedding anniversary. Not to mention that I actually tried haggis, y’all. For those of you wondering: it tastes like peppery corned beef hash without the potatoes. Not completely unfortunate; that’s high praise coming from me.
2. What was your worst moment from 2016? My father passed away in February. He had been ill for many years and it wasn’t a surprising death, but losing a parent is something you really can’t prepare for. My mother passed away several years ago, so it’s a strange feeling that comes with having no living parents. It sucks.
3. What do you hope 2017 brings? I love traveling, so I hope that 2017 has some amazing adventures in store for me!
Your turn, we heartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. What was your best moment from 2016?
2. What was your worst moment from 2016?
3. What do you hope 2017 brings?
Krista resides in the middle of nowhere with her bff/hubby and a puppy that makes feral capuchins seem mellow. She has an irrational fear of ax murder, owns more than one machete for home defense/the zombie apocalypse, and goes to sleep serenaded by the sounds of the Chupagobbler, a mythical turkey beast that roams the woods around her house. Krista has been in the Bermuda Triangle twice and still hasn’t vanished. She is super proud of that.
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush