Our founder and friend, Stef, is currently on a trip to Iceland, y’all! We are ridiculously excited for her to experience the majesty that it is and for her to use her genius level photography skills to get some fabulous shots –the gorgeous landscape begs to be photographed. (These photos are from my trip.)
It seems like Iceland has become a huge tourist destination as of late–I know several people who have been and I actually went in late 2015 and had one of the best times there. I will definitely go back, too, especially since airlines like WOW Air have such affordable flights.
I loved everything about my trip and I know Stef is going to, too–its people, scenery and food are some of the best this girl has experienced and I’m so excited for someone else to get in on this! Honestly, the only negative about my trip was that I didn’t get to see the Northern Lights! But hey, there’s always next time, right? Which brings us to this week’s 3 Things…
1. Have you ever been to Iceland? YES! I spent a week there during Thanksgiving 2015 with my husband. Yes it was cold, yes it snowed (we actually had a blizzard), and yes you can tell the people are descended from Vikings because everyone is tall and ridiculously good looking. Also, one of the best meals I ever ate was there–the fried fish balls at Kaffivagninn in Reykjavik. They were like fried fish sticks and pierogies made babies and fried those babies in butter and onions. So good!
2. Without looking at Wikipedia, what do you know about Iceland? Björk is from there. So is the band Kaleo. They take elves and trolls seriously. They consume more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation. And almost everyone speaks English, which makes it a very tourist-friendly hot spot.
3. Have you ever seen the Northern Lights? Nothing like the magical Northern Lights you see in pictures and film and not while I was in Iceland (and I tried, I really, really tried). I saw a hint of Northern Lights from my back deck once during the almost 7 years I’ve been in my current home in New Hampshire, but it was literally like the horizon had a slight greenish cast to it. It was underwhelming.
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. Have you ever been to Iceland?
2. Without looking at Wikipedia, what do you know about Iceland?
3. Have you ever seen the Northern Lights?
Krista resides in the middle of nowhere with her bff/hubby and a puppy that makes feral capuchins seem mellow. She has an irrational fear of ax murder, owns more than one machete for home defense/the zombie apocalypse, and goes to sleep serenaded by the sounds of the Chupagobbler, a mythical turkey beast that roams the woods around her house. Krista has been in the Bermuda Triangle twice and still hasn’t vanished. She is super proud of that.
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush