Spring has sprung and this girl is in the midst of her spring cleaning. (Boo!) While some people are enjoying spring break, the only thing breaking here is my psyche. Because if I have to wash one more window, I’m gonna lose it, y’all. Sincerely. And it’s going to be EPIC.
I will say, this is a more intensive spring cleaning than usual–my hubby and I are about to have a long-term house guest–our nephew is moving up to New England for work and is staying with us while he looks for more permanent housing. Our plan to slowly move our family from PA to NH is beginning to take shape…muwahahahaha….*twirls handlebar moustache* Which brings us to this week’s 3 Things…
1. How does your spring cleaning differ from your regular cleaning? For spring cleaning, I go hard core. I wipe down all furniture with dust wipes and furniture polish. Kitchen cabinets and fridge get cleaned out/wiped down. I wash those annoying dust ruffles that collect dust (and iron them), I switch out my shower liners, I dust the ceiling and walls. All light fixtures. I dust the blinds and wash all the windows (I HATE doing windows). And when I’m being really motivated, I take my drapes to be dry-cleaned (I’m not feeling super motivated this year).
2. Are you one of the lucky few to go on spring break? Where? No spring break this year, due to our house guest/prepping for that, but can I say that I can’t wait to hear about Stef’s spring break to Iceland! I love that if she hit a beach, it was in a parka. I bet she had THE BEST TIME EVER!
3. What is the biggest thing you’re excited about this spring? I’m excited for my hubby to have some of his family move up here. I’m excited to do stuff around the house. Been in this house for almost 6 years and didn’t really nest because we move so much. Since this is the longest we’ve been anywhere, I’m nesting now! And I’m super excited about being able to plan a road trip without worrying about getting caught in a blizzard.
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. How does your spring cleaning differ from your regular cleaning?
2. Are you one of the lucky few to go on spring break? Where?
3. What is the biggest thing you’re excited about this spring?
Krista lives in the middle of nowhere with her amazing hubby and two codependent dogs that love to hate each other. She enjoys dance parties of one and last minute road trips, prays for Angela Lansbury’s immortality and can never own enough blush. She averages one “Silence of the Lambs” quote a week and feels no shame over this. Perhaps she should.
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush