We heart this member, turned contributor, Susan is back to share another fabulous recipe!
It’s occasionally starting to feel like Spring here in PA and it’s got me all sorts of excited to start grilling everyday! I’ve been scouting for burger recipes for months. Here’s one I found at Rachael Ray. With cranberry and green apples, it’s also great for Fall. Everyone I’ve served these to is obsessed with them and is always asking when I will be making them again. It’s a quick recipe you can serve in roughly 30 minutes. I promise you, you will love these…
Apple Cheddar Turkey Burgers (serves six)
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey Breast
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp Adobo seasoning
- 1 tbsp grill seasoning (I use burger grill seasoning)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple – cut into 12 slices
- 8 slices extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce (store brand is fine)
- 3 tbsp grainy mustard
- 6 English muffins split and toasted
1. In a bowl, hand-mix the turkey, parsley, Adobo, grill seasoning and onion. Form into 6 patties. Press your thumb into the middle of your fresh burgers so they don’t bulge when they cook.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Place patties and cook for about 7 minutes on each side for medium.
3. While cooking burgers in a small bowl, mix together the cranberry sauce and mustard and slather on both top and bottom of muffins.
4. When burgers are cooked, top each with apple slices and 1 1/2 cheese slices. Tent the pan with lid or foil and cook until cheese melts.
5. Add burgers to muffins and ENJOY!
Please note, I’ve made slight modifications to the recipe. If you want to see the original, check it out at here.