The old ladies of we heart this already love Murad. (As a matter of fact, they have the only 5 star rated skin care product review on our site!) Well, now is the chance to introduce the beauty of high-end skincare to the youngsters in your life with Clean Scene.
As much as skin problems are terrible now, do you remember how awful they were when you were a teenager? I sure do. And I’ve even got a few scars on my face from over zealous picking of pimples that showed up at less-then-perfect moments; first dates, the prom, yearbook pictures. Murad could have saved me a lot of stress!
Developed just for teens and young adults, Clean Scene lays the foundation for lifelong healthy skincare habits. Each product in the line utilizes the power of the Yumberry, a Chinese super-fruit that contains powerful antioxidants. According to Murad, the Yumberry helps neutralize skin damaging enemies from stress, sun and pollution to leave a balanced, smooth complexion. It also smells a bit like Fruit Stripe gum! I could see loving the scent when I was younger (but those past their 20s, may prefer Murad’s more subtly scented adult products).
There are 5 products in the line, all reasonably priced:
• Craving for Clean $17 – Foaming face wash that produces an impressive lather.
• Gaga for Glow $20 – Gentle scrub with pink and blue confetti-like jojoba beads and Salicylic Acid to combat acne.
• Crazy for Clear $16 – Targeted spot treatment with a tip that looks like a pencil point. Press gently and it releases the product directly onto the pimple. Powerful too! This quickly cleared up a pimple that hung around my skin for weeks.
• Down for Defense $24 – Daytime moisturizer with SPF 15 (teach them to protect their skin early, and they’ll have less wrinkle woes later!)
• Begging for Balance $22 – Oil-free hydration to work while you sleep.
Polka-dotted packaging, a bright fruity scent, and backed with all the beauty know how that goes into every product at Murad; Clean Scene may just get even the surliest teen excited about skin care!
Disclosure: This review includes products that were provided by the manufacturer/PR firm for our consideration. It also contains an affiliate link, a link that gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.
skin tone: NC 25/30
skin type: oily with a fear of rosacea
favorite beauty product: high end skincare and lip products