That’s right – we’ve got a couple of coveted slots open on our review team and we’re on the hunt for some creative chicks!
With just over a year and a half online at we heart this, I can vouch that the question Stef and I hear the most (via emails, comments, friends and family, the mailbox employees) is “How can I become a member of the we heart this review team?”
We’ve got a smart audience; because being a member of this team has a lot of perks. And by ‘perks’ I mean beauty products! Every six to eight weeks our team receives a box of goodies filled with the latest and greatest in bath, body, makeup and home goods to put to test. And it’s all in the name of science – beauty review science, a very specialized field. If you are a beauty junkie and want to add a new creative outlet to your life (while getting a little exposure at the same time), here is your dream job!
Need another reason? If you own your own blog, an etsy store, or write for another site, this is a great opportunity to promote a site while being active on wht. We’re thrilled to say our site is growing more popular every day (thanks guys!) and we’re currently ranked in the top 25,000 sites in the United States and just cracking 13,000 in the city of Los Angeles. (Source: Alexa) Or, if you have been meaning to start a blog, but just haven’t had the time to start, here’s a great way to get active in blogging with a dedicated community of fabulous women.
We’re expanding our review team by a handful of members and we’re looking for a few wht type chicks to add to our crew.
What are we looking for in a wht team member? Between Stef and I (and our current group of fantastic writers), we’ve got the beauty thing covered. (though if that’s your true specialty, and we absolutely NEED you, let us know!) But we’re especially looking for new writers with a passion for, or experience in some of our additional loves and obsessions. While we’re open to any story ideas you feel would interest the wht readers, we’ve especially interested in writers in these fields:
Fashion – from vintage finds to designer names, we love some shopping and style advice.
Crafting – great with thread and needle? A DIY queen? We’re always looking for ways to get crafty.
Home and Décor – we would love a decorating diva to turn to for all of our style dilemmas.
Food and Drink – have a stash of recipes you want to share with the world? Now’s the time).
Green Living ladies – from eco friendly products to veggie cooking, our readers are always going greener.
Of course, wht is a bit of everything, so if you’ve got an interest in more than one of these fields, all the better! Let us know what type of stories you want to write for wht – we can’t wait to hear from all of the amazing women out there!
In exchange for fabulous boxes full of products sure to make you squeal (review team members say it’s like having a birthday six times a year!) we ask for 3 tiny things from you:
- Author one post per month for the wht site. Your column will include a credit and blurb with links to your blog (if you have one).
- Leave a comment to review and rate every product you received.
- Be active in the wht community. No product to review on any given day? Pop in and say hi and show your fellow writers some support. We’re looking for someone who can give us a few minutes of their day, every day.
Ready to apply? Hold on a moment! Do you have what it takes? The ideal wht team member is…
- Honest – first and foremost, we need our testers to be truthful about their product findings.
- Reliable – very simple, disappear and so will your fabulous deliveries.
- A writer at heart – if you like to write, it usually shows.
Sound good? Here’s how you apply:
1. Email us with the Subject: wht Tester Application.
2. In a few sentences, let us know what what you think you can add to the wht review and writing team.
3. Then include an approximately 100-200 word “story” for the wht site (we will not publish any application), so we can get an idea of your writing style.
Other things to let us know in the email:
* Photography skills are a big bonus – if you can take a good photograph (meaning in focus, bright, pretty), please include ONE jpeg example of your work.
* If you have a blog (or contribute to one) please include the name and URL.
* We’re an oily bunch apparently – if you have Dry Skin (and are willing to test on it), please let us know.
* Make sure to share any specialty you think will help your posts (good cook, organic fanatic, fashionista, pop culture connoisseur, etc.)
We’ll be accepting entries till Wednesday, September 1st. We’ll email you if you’re chosen and expect a review box soon after that!
Now get writing…
skin tone: NW 20/25
skin type: combination
favorite beauty product: eye shadows and lip balms