Can you believe we’re heading to the end of August already? Now’s the time to get the most from summer before it’s Labor Day weekend and time to head back to school. I spent some time searching for an image that would reflect those long, end-of-summer days and nights with little luck, and then I realized…why not say it in song? Is there is more beloved, belt-along-at-top-of-your-lungs song that better captures those carefree days of summer (and a sizzling summer love) then “Summer Nights” from Grease? So instead of a Photo of the Week, please enjoy this special presentation of the wht Video of the Week.
Before those summer nights slip away, I’ve rounded up some links to stretch out the sun as long as possible:
• Your turn to host a girls night in? There’s no better time to follow our How to host a Grease party post for an unforgettable evening. To take advantage of the last few summer nights, pop up a screen in the back yard and have your sing along outdoors.
• While the fall makeup lines are popping up everywhere, I’m still wearing my most sunny shades. Stef is right there with me – check out her guest post at wht fave Makeup and Beauty Blog for an epic (we’re talking tons of pictures) round up of the absolute best lip glosses of the season – It’s Never Too Late To Fall for These Hot Summer Glosses.
• We’re always ready to raise a glass! And an icy cocktail tastes even better with fresh summer herbs. From mint to rosemary to cilantro to dill, The Kitchen has a drink recipe for it – 20 Summer Cocktails with Fresh Herbs (including one of my all time faves – a Pimms Cup).
• Here in Southern California, tomatoes are at their peak of yumminess (and I know folk in Jersey are in heaven right now). Epicurious has a mouth watering collection of recipes highlighting one of summers best vegetables fruits – What to Cook Now: Tomatoes.
• Here’s a little something pretty for your eyes – some eco-friendly inspiration from Something Green for a special summer table – Easy End of Summer Decor.
• Ready to spend some money on end of season sales? Imo, you need to be very careful with end of summer clothing and shoe clearances. Summer seems to encourage lots of trends and what seems like a great bargain today, will be a “why did I ever buy this?” when you dig it out next spring. One area where you will be sure to get some bang for your buck is outdoor furniture. Pick up a bargain, enjoy the last few weeks of summer in style and when you pull these pieces out of storage early next summer they will still feel brand new! CasaSugar has a nice round up of current sales – Stock Up on Sale-Priced Outdoor Products.
Any big plans for the weekend?