I’m just about ready to break out into my happy dance! We’ve had such a wonderful week here at we heart this. Thanks to our amazing and generous readers we ‘raffled out’ all of the available online Gift Bags for the Raffle for the Rescues in less than 48 hours!
And the donations – which enter you into a raffle of 10 bountiful beauty baskets – just keep coming in. We are accepting online RftR entries until Friday, October 22nd, so there’s still time to get into the action. We’re thrilled at the fantastic start you all gave to our efforts and we’re doubly excited for the RftR event!
And the good karma keeps flowing as we were delighted to receive an amazing shout out from the AMC blog on our Mad Men Theme Party post! In anticipation of the season 4 finale, AMC listed a few Mad Men approved guides to help you plan a 60’s themed viewing party. Three sites were referenced as a great source in the article; Epicurious, Oprah…and we heart this. Talk about esteemed company!
So in celebration of a very happy week, I give you a wht Video of the Week – a special take on Mad Men’s Pete and Trudy doing the Charleston to Money Maker by Ludacris – enjoy!
• Speaking of Oprah’s blog, when checking out their take on a Mad Men party I clicked through to this article which made me fall just a little bit more in love with Jon Hamm – he’s a a Chabon fan? Le Sigh. Books That Made a Difference to Jon Hamm.
• If you covet every outfit and take fashion notes during MM episodes, make sure to check out Swift. Not only is this North Hollywood boutique a direct source of vintage fashion to Mad Men costume designer Janie Bryant, co-owner Carrie is the sweetest, best dressed and most fun shopping assistant we’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting (Stef and I got to play dress up for hours picking through racks and racks of high quality vintage). Coming soon – a Swift feature with lots of pictures and a contest! In the meantime, check out Zooey Deschanel wearing Swift on the red carpet.
• If you can’t get it together for a Mad Men season finale party, what about your holiday party? It’s never to early to start planning your big seasonal get-together and I am loving this very wintery and so festive 1960’s Cocktail Party from my new favorite entertaining/foodie blog Always Order Dessert (cute – a blog title that I heartily endorse you apply to your life).
• Keep the 60’s feel around even when Mad Men goes on hiatus by adding some new decor inspired by your favorite show. CasaSugar has a great guide to get you started: Decorating Ideas to Steal from Mad Men
* Finally, if you’re raising a glass or two on finale eve, after careful research, here is my favorite Mad Men Drinking Game. Warning: only Don Draper could actually follow all these rules and survive!
All right wehearters: what has made you ready to start your own happy dance this week? Tell us about it in the comments!
skin tone: NW 20/25
skin type: combination
favorite beauty product: eye shadows and lip balms