Fun with hot dogs and Amy Sedaris, heart-shaped eggs and more
video: Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Hooray, it’s Labor Day, a three day holiday weekend! Boo, it’s Labor Day, the unofficial end to all things summer.
If you’re feeling a little sad about the end of the summer season, our Video of the Week is sure to cheer you up. And if you are in desperate need of a Labor Day recipe, wht hero Amy Sedaris is here to help! Watch her recent visit to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon where she shares her hot dog making skills (courtesy of a rake) to Jimmy and Will Forte. Love her.
A few more things to love this week:
• That high pitched squee you heard late Monday evening was me reading the news that Veronica Mars alum Jason Dohring is joining the cast of Ringer – Logan Echolls and Buffy on one show? Be still my heart…
• Earlier this week, Stef raved over BECCA’s summer-sational Bombora palette and I would be remiss if I didn’t mention they make one of my very favorite make up tools, the Professional Make-up Brush Soap. This smartly designed soap (above) helps clean, condition and sanitize your makeup brushes without making them stiff or brittle. Now’s the time, with fall and new colors on the horizon, to give your makeup tools a thorough cleaning. And at just $15, this is a little investment that will greatly expand the life of your expensive brushes.
• Planning on doing a little re-arranging around the house some day soon to welcome the change of season? Real Simple has some tips and images to help get the most out of the items you already own: Doable Decorating: The Art of Arranging
• All right, just how adorable are these hard boiled, heart-shaped eggs discovered via Jezebel? In my home, deviled eggs are a sign of love (they’re so darn delicious) ~ imagine how much better they would be presented in a heart shaped bite!
• Finally, if you’re searching for some Labor Day worthy recipes to serve your guests or bring to a pot luck, read through this list of Nibbles, Dips, and Salads from the folks at Serious Eats. I totally need some Homemade Ketchup to go with my rake-cooked hot dogs.
Readers – how are you celebrating Labor Day?
Tyna, co-founder and co-editor of wht, worries about becoming a crazy cat lady, reads at least a book a week, checks in at a Flyers fan forum every morning and is forever (some say obsessively) organizing her closets and drawers.