The Year’s Biggest Trend Meets the Classic Jean Shirt
With the ombré trend all the rage right now – I couldn’t resist doing an ombré DIY for the we heat this readers. The gradient color trend, seen in hair, clothing and even nails, has been popular for over a year – and seems to be going strong.
It’s time for ombré to get a wht How To! I brought this denim shirt a while ago and haven’t worn it yet, so it was perfect for a DIY project.
• Denim shirt
• Rubber gloves
1. Pour warm water and bleach into your bucket. (Check your bleach bottle for water to bleach ratio.)
2. Place the shirt on a hanger and button it up.
3. Place your shirt in the bucket with the bleach. I put mine about half way in, leaving the top 4 buttons of the shirt out of the bleach.
4. Let the shirt soak for 20 to 30 minutes. If it doesn’t look light enough for you, put it back in the bucket and keep checking back every 5 minutes.
5. When finished, rinse the shirt well and then wash as normal.
Tip: If you want your shirt to fade more gradually, and not just jump from the blue to white, pull 2 or 3 inches of the shirt out of the bucket every 10 minutes till you reach the end.
Readers – How do you feel about the ombré trend? Is this Ombré Denim Shirt a look you would wear?
Jenelle is a DIY fashion blogger from Canada who’s believes you can be fashionable while staying on a budget. Traveling the world, meeting Justin Timberlake and attending Fashion Week are just a few things on her bucket list. Check out her blog, Nelle Creations for tips on how to wear this new Ombre style!