Aww, a little piece of my childhood died today when I heard that Jerry Nelson, the voice of The Count on Sesame Street and the man who single-handedly taught me my numbers, passed away yesterday at the age of 78. In fact, Sesame Street taught me (and scores of children) to do just about everything!
Here’s this week’s Lipstick League, with numbers added in homage…
Question of the Week: – When you think of autumn, what beauty product instantly comes to mind?
Answer: Dark lipstick! Red, burgundy, brown, wine – give me any dark, rich shade and I am a happy girl.
1. EauMG – EauMG reviews a fruity perfume inspired by Sauvignon Blanc.
2. Gouldylox Reviews – I’m really bad at math, but I think I figured out how committing this beauty sin will impact you for the rest of your life.
3. Nouveau Cheap – It’s easy to dismiss drugstore Halloween makeup, but if you turn your nose to it this year, you could miss out on this gorgeous $3 matte red eyeshadow.
4. Prime Beauty – test drives bareMinerals new READY SPF 20 Foundation! It even made her stop using the “F” word–find out how!
5. Phyrra – Phyrra brings the makeup brush that revolutionized foundation application for her to the next Makeup Wars! Do you own it?
6. Vampy Varnish – Wishes she didn’t love the new Estee Lauder Metal Mania Pure Colour Nail Lacquers so much because they’re so expensive!
7. we heart this – neon tribal, diagonal dots, gold French tips and glitter that is Liberace-worthy; with It’s So Easy nail art is precisely that!
8. Clumps of Mascara – is still obsessed with red lipstick and glosses. This likely won’t change any time soon. Check out the newest red lippies to her stash!
9. Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by EauMG – My favorite beauty/fragrance blogger, Gaia of The Non-Blonde, reviews a perfume from one of my favorite indie lines, Providence Perfume Co. Divine Noir.
2 questions this week we heartsters: What beauty product comes to mind when you think of autumn? And, who is your favorite Sesame Street character?
skin tone: NC 25/30
skin type: oily with a fear of rosacea
favorite beauty product: high end skincare and lip products