Featuring Too Faced, The Hungry Cat and The Hives
I had Thursday, Friday AND today off. As if that wasn’t reason enough – here are 3 things that occurred to secure this as the best weekend EVER.
• On Thursday, along with a handful of other bloggers, I was whisked by white party limo to The Queen’s Bakery for what my husband described as a “girl’s pleasuredome” – the party to celebrate the launch of Too Faced’s Love Sweet Love holiday collection.
From the first sip of champagne in the limo with my sweet friend Amber of Beauty Junkies Unite, to sitting in the storybook-like setting and listening to Jerrod talk about the inspiration for the collection (a Christmas trip to Paris with his husband and the realization that life is never more beautiful than when you’re in love) to decorating cupcakes with two of my blog heroes (Karen of Makeup and Beauty Blog and Elessa of Pursebuzz), the night was magical, to say the least.
Bec of Beautylish, Amber and I get our prom on.
Jen of From Head to Toe, Elessa, Karen and me.
Oh you guys, wait until you see the products! We’ll be featuring EVERY piece of the launch within the next few weeks, so you’ll get to see it in all it’s beautiful glory. It very well may be my favorite holiday collection.
• On Friday I had lunch at one of my favorite restaurants; The Hungry Cat in Hollywood – Prince Edward Island Oysters and a Soft Shell Crab sandwich. I really do think I may be part seal, because seafood makes me unbelievably happy.
• Finally, The Hives played a show at my local bar Pappy and Harriet’s (just named by Billboard Magazine as one of the Top Ten “Hidden Gems” of the country and named by my husband and I as the reason we moved to the desert!) It was one of the best shows I’ve seen in years – Swedish rock-and-roll under the California desert stars!
So now I’d like to know, if you could replicate my weekend to your liking – what would make it YOUR best weekend ever? Copy and paste the following and let’s play 3 things…
• A beauty brand invites you to a party; what brand sends the invitation?
• You dine at your favorite restaurant, where do you go and what do you order?
• You get to see a huge band at a small club, who would you want to see?
skin tone: NC 25/30
skin type: oily with a fear of rosacea
favorite beauty product: high end skincare and lip products