We know our readers love their DIY’s, so we’re excited to give a hearty welcome to the latest member of the we heart this team, Cathy of Trinkets in Bloom! She’ll be here once a month sharing her oh so fashionable DIY’s with all of us. Enjoy her first DIY and then stop by the comments and say “Hello!” ~ Stef and Tyna
Rhinestones and sparkle are everywhere for fall. I don’t want to be the one to say this, but the holidays will be here before we know it. And that means parties! Add some sparkle this season with a simple yet glam DIY Rhinestone Hair Pin. It’s sure to add color and style to any ‘do.
• Large rhinestones
• Bobbi pin
1. Layout and experiment with your rhinestones to determine your design.
2. Squeeze a small amount of your glue into a bowl or on a small piece of aluminum foil. Using a toothpick, apply the glue to the back of the rhinestones.
3. Glue the back of each rhinestone to the felt. Let the glue dry.
4. Using the toothpick add glue in between the rhinestones to glue them together. This will keep your design stiff. Let the glue dry.
5. Trim the felt around the rhinestones. Cut as closely as you can to keep from seeing much of the felt.
6. Put some glue on the bobbi pin, be sure to put enough glue for the length of your rhinestone design.
7. Set your rhinestones on top with the felt against the bobbi pin.
8. Turn it over and let it dry sitting on the rhinestone side. This will keep it from falling or slipping. Let dry.
Tip: Get ready for the holidays and stay on trend by mixing up shapes and colors with brightly colored rhinestones to create your own customized hair accessories.
Thanks for reading my my first post here at we heart this – I’m so excited to be a contributor and to be a part of this great site. Until next time, stay crafty!
we heartsters – What DIY projects do you have planned for the holidays?