Get these spring fashion trends while you can!
For the 99% of the country subjected to a record cold and snowy winter, the first signs of spring are a welcome sight. Time to ditch down jackets, boots and sweaters in favor of some brighter and lighter pieces. Usher in the warmer weather and longer days with some of the top spring fashion trends.
Here are our picks for what to buy now and wear through summer:
1. Statement necklace – Break out some of your old favorites or pick up some new ones because this trend is sticking around. A statement necklace, like the Peaches and Cream necklace from Banana Republic, is a great way to dress up a plain tee or tank.
2. A bright maxi dress – As a short girl, I enviously eye girls flouncing around in their maxi dresses all spring and summer. I will finally cave this season (followed by a quick trip to the tailor) and snag a bright one, like this Coral Solid Maxi Dress from Piperlime. Perfectly paired with a denim jacket or for chilly early-spring nights, a cognac-colored leather jacket.
3. Shades of pink – Pink has been popping up everywhere and the classic color is surprisingly versatile. Different shades work with just about every skin tone, but you can’t go wrong with a subtle blush pink blouse, like the Pieced Chiffon Portofino Shirt from Express, in place of your classic white.
4. Worn-in denim – The perfect bridge between the dark washes of winter and the bright white wash for summer. Look for a pair of jeans, like these Relaxed Straight Legs from Blank Denim, with a slightly worn look: think your favorite pair of 5-year old jeans. Intentional rips are optional.
5. Neutral metallics – Who knew those words would be paired together, but this spring it’s all about a subtle dose of shimmer. With the early spring nights still a little chilly, go for a tank you can pair with a blazer or leather jacket – I’m loving the Metallic Crochet Tank from Express. Later, pair the silver or gold look with white jeans for a super chic monochromatic look.
6. Floral – Yep, florals are still on-trend and floral skirts and dresses are everywhere right now. If a floral dress takes you back to your younger days, you can go for a safe play on this trend through a scarf. This Gauze Watercolor-Print Scarf from Old Navy is a budget-friendly play on the trend.
Readers – What are picking up this spring? Any trends you’re loving? Or hating?
Marissa is a public relations professional by day and jewelry designer and entrepreneur by night. She has an affinity for creativity and inspiring style and loves writing, reading, and being in the sun.