With Memorial Day weekend past us, summertime is officially here. And as the sun, sand and sangria beckon, there is one last task standing in our way: bathing suit shopping. Though it is often a dreaded activity, going in armed with knowledge of the latest swimsuit trends should make it a little bit easier.
There is no need to avoid the shopping trip this year with our quick reference guide of what’s “in” in swim this season. Whether you’re picking up one new suit, or a few, you’re sure to look trendy and cute while lounging poolside this summer.
Here’s the Swimsuit Trends for Summer:
1. Crazy straps – If you don’t mind equally crazy tan lines, the latest designs featuring intricate straps are very cool. While the might be tricky to untangle when you grab it from your drawer, it will look great on. Just check out the back detail of the MIKOH striped Barbados bikini.
2. Bold patterns – Bright and dynamic patterns are always in for swimwear, and this season is no different. Look for anything that’s colorful and interesting to you! I am loving the vivid, retro floral pattern of the Beach Riot Pretty Mama One Piece.
3. Monokini – Always in style, you can’t go wrong with a sleek and chic one-piece. You can play into any of this season’s favored styles in the one-piece variety for extra cover from the sun. Polka dot fans will adore the Marie Melli Curves Spot Body Shaping Swimsuit for its flattering one-piece shape.
4. Fringe – A carryover from last summer’s hot looks, fringe is back this season. It’s a great way to add some detail up top – and add some volume for a smaller chest. Shake things up with the L Space Audrey Fringe Bikini Top.
5. and 6. Macramé – Macramé turns trendy when placed next to the pool. This subtly chic mix of crochet and laciness adds a level of detail you can’t find anywhere else. I adore the cool teal color of the Windward macramé-detailed bikini briefs or get the same look in a one-piece with the Tori Praver Wavecrest macramé-paneled swimsuit.
7. and 8. Flounce – If a full-on fringe style isn’t you, but you are drawn to the added volume around your bust, go for one of the flouncy styles. Flounce has a surprisingly different effect than its fringe-filled counterpart, and these suits are great at minimizing a larger bust. Get the look with the BP. Undercover Laser Cut Ruffle Bikini Top or the Eberjey So Solid Rafaella Bikini Top.
This season has a ton of great options for suits, which will make you feel confident and cute while lounging poolside. Next stop: cover-ups and sandals!
Readers – what swim styles are you trying this summer?