Get accessorized in style with new pieces every month
How well do you accessorize? If you’re anything like me, your daily pieces for a workday are the same basic two or three earring/necklace options. And on the weekend, there’s very little accessorizing happening! I love jewelry, but on the weekend, I just don’t have the time/energy to pick out the perfect pieces.
So imagine my delight when I found accessories could be sent to my doorstep, handpicked by a stylist, taking all of my fashion woes away? Sign me up!
Cate and Chloe were inspired by this very problem, that many women just don’t have the time to properly accessorize, or keep up with ever-changing fashion trends. The Cate & Chloe VIP Box offers women the option to sign up for 1, 3, 6 or 12 month subscriptions, where two pieces of jewelry are handpicked for you by a stylist each month. You will also receive a special little “bonus” surprise in your box too.
Subscription prices start at $39.99 for 1 month, and you can save anywhere from 10% -20% off when you sign up for longer terms.
In my Cate & Chloe Box I found two accessories, a “tip of the month” and bonus shampoo sample.
The Julie Youthful Bracelet is a dainty bracelet made of silver plated chains and moveable beads.
The Kiera Powerful Necklace is a gold plated chain featuring an arrowhead with tiny Cubic Zirconiums.
My thoughts? Honestly I think a $39.99 price tag is slightly overpriced. Don’t get me wrong, theses pieces are cute and I will definitely wear both of them. I just feel the quality isn’t the highest. I guess I was hoping to be wowed with some jaw dropping piece I couldn’t live without.
The bracelet is very pretty on your wrist as the beads slide. And the necklace is super versatile and works for day or evening. Cate & Chloe also sell the jewelry individually online, and these retail $79 for the necklace and $99 for the bracelet. So, you are getting these much cheaper when purchasing the VIP box.
Perks I liked about the VIP Subscription Box:
– Flexibility: If you don’t like a piece, exchanges can be made.
– Style quiz: You share your likes, dislikes, ring size, etc. to customize your box.
– Free shipping: plus 20% any other pieces on their site.
– Pause your subscription: holds can be made for up to 6 months if needed.
– Requests: If you love a piece on their site, you can request it in your box. (I’m not sure if this applies to all pieces, or just featured ones, but it’s a great perk!)
I could do without:
– Auto renewal: I don’t like having to remember to call and cancel something when I only signed up for a certain amount of time.
– Price: While $39.99 (about $20 a piece) doesn’t seem too bad, it adds up when you’re paying it every month.
– Quality: Keep in mind, this is more fashion jewelry than high end. (But I will say, my pieces are holding up well.)
Cate & Chloe is a great option for women who like to change up their accessories for work, going out, traveling, etc. It definitely takes the pressure off finding new pieces to stay on trend. One request: I would like to see them include more accessories like scarves, sunglasses, clutches, watches etc. in the mix!
So we heartsters, what accessories would you like sent to your door every month?
Erin is a secondary science teacher who adores makeup and fashion. She spends her free time pursuing her other passions which include cooking, antiquing, and decorating.
skin tone: NC30
skin type: oily to normal
favorite beauty product: lipglosses and bronzers