The leaves have changed and Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. Now is the peak time for a road trip here in New England. Every weekend, the husband and I hop in the Jeep and drive to the things that make the season better. I know everyone has a few local places they love to go to and we’d love to hear about them. Here are this week’s 3 Things:
1. Best early morning trip? I’m surrounded by apple orchards and most of them make their own apple cider doughnuts—FRESH and HOT. Literally, any of them are the best early morning road trip. It’s not unusual for me to slap a sweatshirt over my pj’s and go grab coffee and fresh doughnuts on a Saturday morning.
2. Best place to grab a bite to eat? Big Moose Deli and Country Store in Hoosick, NY. They sell all kinds of fun things inside, from maple candy to vintage tin signs and scented candles, but the best thing they sell is their maple pulled pork. Maple. Pulled. Pork. And macaroni and cheese. And Tollhouse pie. Is your mouth watering, yet? If you can, go there. Right now.
3. Best place to find random amazingness? Vermont Country Store. They have everything there: gourmet food (Free samples!), outdoor wear, sleepwear, toys, homegoods, vintage beauty products, you name it. It’s always a good time at the Vermont Country Store.
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. Best early morning trip?
2. Best place to grab a bite to eat?
3. Best place to find random amazingness?
Krista resides in the middle of nowhere with her bff/hubby and a puppy that makes feral capuchins seem mellow. She has an irrational fear of ax murder, owns more than one machete for home defense/the zombie apocalypse, and goes to sleep serenaded by the sounds of the Chupagobbler, a mythical turkey beast that roams the woods around her house. Krista has been in the Bermuda Triangle twice and still hasn’t vanished. She is super proud of that.
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush