We’re in the midst of spring, and I’m enjoying the change in my color palette. I’ve put away the dark and bold, and pulled out the pale and pretty. I even did my official makeup reorganization and brought out the pinks and corals. I know, exciting! My winter coats have finally been put away. Out came my cute shoes that I don’t get to see once the snow hits the ground and I got a new purse in the palest blush color from my new favorite brand, Liebeskind. I am so ready, ladies! Which brings us to this week’s 3 Things…
1. How does your makeup routine change from winter to spring? As mentioned above: more pink and coral makeup. Dark colors are put away. I just go for a much softer, girly look in the spring. I pretty much live in NARS Orgasm blush and Lipstick Queen Saint Coral for the most part.
2. What’s your go-to spring manicure? Pastel anything! My mission for this weekend is to pick up a few bottles of OPI’s New Orleans Spring 2016 collection. Specifically their shimmering periwinkle in “Show Us Your Tips!” (I love that name) and “Crawfishin’ For A Compliment”, a pale, creamy orange.
3. Sandals–“As soon as the snow was gone”, or “I’m holding out until Memorial Day”? As soon as we get one or two 70 degree days, the sandals come out. It can dip back into the 50’s, but as long as it’s not raining and we already hit 70 at some point, I’m okay with my life choices!
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. How does your makeup routine change from winter to spring?
2. What’s your go-to spring manicure?
3. Sandals–“As soon as the snow was gone”, or “I’m holding out until Memorial Day”?
Shown in the photo above:
• BCBG wedges (a DSW find)
• Urban Decay Afterglow blush in X-Rated ($26)
• Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge For Lips and Cheeks in Pale Pink ($29)
• Giorgio Armani Rouge Lipcolor in 501/Peony ($37)
• Lipstick Queen Endless Summer lipstick in Perfect Wave ($22) Bonus: get $50 off a $75 order at BeautyKind with code: WeHeartThis (yes, you read that correctly!)
• Essie Resort 2016 collection ($8.50) We heart Going Guru, a pistachio cream.
Krista resides in the middle of nowhere with her bff/hubby and a puppy that makes feral capuchins seem mellow. She has an irrational fear of ax murder, owns more than one machete for home defense/the zombie apocalypse, and goes to sleep serenaded by the sounds of the Chupagobbler, a mythical turkey beast that roams the woods around her house. Krista has been in the Bermuda Triangle twice and still hasn’t vanished. She is super proud of that.
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush