So, it occurred to me the other day that the 90s happened SIXTEEN YEARS AGO. Yeah, sip on that one for a bit. For me, the 90s were my time to shine! Brown lipstick, peasant tops, rocking overalls and a twinset, wanting to be Drew Barrymore, Grunge music…I became an adult in the 90s. I think everyone has a soft spot for the decade they grew up in. I especially love the pop culture of the 90s—there’s so much of it, it was hard to whittle it down to just 3 Things, but here we go:
1. Dawson’s Creek: Joey/Pacey or Joey/Dawson? Yes, I realize this was the tail end of the 90s/early 2000s, but I’m counting it. I always was rooting for Dawson and Joey to get together. And then I saw that episode where Dawson was doing that big, ugly cry (when he was letting Joey go to Pacey) and my loyalties switched to Pacey because that ugly cry just wasn’t sexy. Totally killed any lady boner I may have harbored for James Van Der Beek, too.
2. Felicity: “Short hair, don’t care?” OR “Bring back the mermaid hair!” If you have mermaid hair, you should never cut it. Because you lose your powers or something. Keri Russell is a delicate, china doll of a person with the most perfect features ever and that mini fro she rocked in the second season made me die a little inside. Mostly because my elderly grandmother had that haircut. It pained me.
3. 90210 or Melrose Place? I’m going to say 90210. It was such a guilty pleasure–I remember watching it and being freaked out by Shannen Doherty’s Picasso Eye. I also remember wanting to be Jennie Garth (Who didn’t want to be Kelly Taylor?) and wanting to run my hands through Luke Perry’s side burns and thinking that Beverly Hills must be AMAZING. I will say that Melrose Place was pretty spectacular for it’s crazy plot lines, though. I don’t think anybody can forget Kimberly’s massive head scar. I’m talking that thing gave me nightmares for the better part of a month…*shudder*
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. Dawson’s Creek: Joey/Pacey or Joey/Dawson?
2. Felicity: “Short hair, don’t care?” OR “Bring back the mermaid hair!”
3. 90210 or Melrose Place?
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush
Latest posts by krista
- Pat McGrath Lust: Gloss – The Only Lip Gloss You’ll Ever Need - July 9, 2019
- CoTZ Pure Botanicals & Minerals – Mineral Sunscreen Review - May 23, 2019
- Who Wants Cake? (Answer: We ALL Want Cake!) - April 4, 2019