photo via Frosted Faces, a rescue for senior dogs whose love and lives are left behind in the shelter system. *See below*
(This week’s 3 Things idea is courtesy of Stef, who literally melts into a ball of tears when a commercial shows a grey muzzle)
Commercials: You love them, you hate them, you dvr shows to avoid them–and everyone has their favorite or one that they just absolutely hate. I remember when I was a kid, they used to be able to market to children and there were Barbie commercials galore. I remember thinking that was the best gig in the world–these girls were PAID to play with Barbies! My childhood jealousy ate me alive.
Fun Fact: Jennifer Love Hewitt was one such “Barbie Girl”. I remember seeing her commercial and then seeing her on Kids Incorporated and child Krista decided that she was my mortal enemy because she was living the life that I wanted. I was a weird, little kid. Here are a few of the best Barbie commercials of my youth!
Which brings us to this week’s 3 Things…
1. Which one always makes you laugh? The Snickers commercials where everyone is a celebrity until they eat a Snickers. My favorite one is one of the earlier ones where Betty White and Abe Vigoda were playing football. Betty White can take a tackle like a champ.
2. Which one always makes you cry? The IAMS Duck the Dog commercial. I see the boy and his dog and then the man with his aging friend and I am an inconsolable wreck. I get to about 10 seconds in and by the ending, my soul has shredded into a million pieces and I’m prone to weeping for the rest of the day and giving my dogs unwanted hugs. Watch at your own risk.
3. Which one should have never been made? Mountain Dew Kickstart’s PuppyMonkeyBaby. I just can’t even express how deep my inner freakout goes when this commercial comes on. It’s horrifying. It combines 3 things that I love and it has turned them into a totem of my rage and disgust. *shudder*
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. Which one always makes you laugh?
2. Which one always makes you cry?
3. Which one should have never been made?
* Do senior dogs make you melt too? Check out Frosted Faces. They rescue older dogs, find them foster homes and organize donations to provide the fosters with the funds to provide this end of life care. It’s one of the smartest, and most touching, charity I’ve ever seen. ~Stef
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush
Latest posts by krista
- Pat McGrath Lust: Gloss – The Only Lip Gloss You’ll Ever Need - July 9, 2019
- CoTZ Pure Botanicals & Minerals – Mineral Sunscreen Review - May 23, 2019
- Who Wants Cake? (Answer: We ALL Want Cake!) - April 4, 2019