From boots and sweaters, to pumpkin in all its forms, we’re feeling fall. Shown above are a few items that Stef thinks you NEED for a fashionable fall, courtesy of Shopbop.
• We’re loving the resurgence of the Bomber Jacket. This satin embroidered one from TULAROSA plays heavily off the vintage inspiration. You’ll look like a modern-day Jet! (That’s a West Side Story reference, btw.) $218
• Stef counts the Over the Knee boots that she bought last season as her single best purchase all year. We adore this pair from Madewell with similar styling; a stacked heel for height, side straps to make them easier to get on and, most importantly, a cut-out notch in the back so they fit. Finding a pair of over the knee boots that fit large calves is a score! $298
• You can’t go into fall without a a bold piece of jewelry. Whether it’s a cuff, necklace, ring or these Gorjana earrings; a piece that’s large enough to support oversized silhouettes (think chunky sweaters and big coats) is important. We like these because they have a great balance of negative space, so even though they’re huge, they’re still light and airy. $60
Now let’s get on with this week’s 3 Things…
1. What fall clothing/accessory purchase are you most excited about? When I was in Scotland, I bought a bright pink plaid Harris Tweed wool purse. I am dying to finally be able to wear this purse, you have no idea. I also have a couple of sweater coats that I am excited to wear…*claps hands with demented glee*
2. Sweaters: “Only when it’s cold” or “As soon as I can justify it”? I probably wear sweaters before it’s really sweater season. I do live in New England, which gets cooler sooner. I think my threshold is that if it dips below 70, the sweaters can come out.
3. What is your top fall collection makeup item on your wish list? I’m kind of crushing on Dior Rouge Dior Extreme Matte lipstick in Poison Matte (962)…it’s a dark purple that borders on black. I think I’m going to have to add it to my collection this season…
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. What fall clothing/accessory purchase are you most excited about?
2. Sweaters: “Only when it’s cold” or “As soon as I can justify it”?
3. What is your top fall collection makeup item on your wish list?
Krista resides in the middle of nowhere with her bff/hubby and a puppy that makes feral capuchins seem mellow. She has an irrational fear of ax murder, owns more than one machete for home defense/the zombie apocalypse, and goes to sleep serenaded by the sounds of the Chupagobbler, a mythical turkey beast that roams the woods around her house. Krista has been in the Bermuda Triangle twice and still hasn’t vanished. She is super proud of that.
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush