One of the best things about being a writer for WHT is the adventure it brings.
I am excited to introduce you to Hada Labo Tokyo by Rohto Pharmaceutical Company. Hada Labo translated means “Skin Lab”. The line was designed to replace a key element of what your skin naturally loses over time – Hyaluronic Acid. Rhoto prides themselves on their advanced skincare that is the result of more than 100 years of product development. How many other companies have that kind of history?
As a sales rep, I know sometimes numbers tell the story: this is the #1 skincare line in Japan. They are selling one bottle every two seconds! What makes it so great? Super Hyaluronic Acid (SHA) is the answer. It provides intense hydration that make the skin look softer, smoother and more youthful while brightening with botanical extracts.
Here is a little science lesson about Hyaluronic Acid (HA). In our youth, skin is rich with HA and our bodies readily produce it. With age and exposure to the sun, our skin cells produce less and less HA. Resulting in drier, less elastic skin. The PH level of your skin is affected as you age. Dehydrated skin often has a higher skin pH level. Hada Labo products are formulated between a pH level of 5.0 and 6.5, helping balance your skin’s pH level to maintain healthy, moisturized skin. Super Hyaluronic Acid (SHA) anchors to different layers of the epidermis and replenishes the skin’s hydrating ability with two times the moisture-retention capacity of Hyaluronic Acid.
Let’s take a look at the Hada Labo Line…
• Hada Labo Gentle Hydrating Cleanser ($12, 5oz) – A foaming cleanser that washes away dirt, oil and impurities but still locks in moisture with hyaloveil even after washing (a special Hyaluronic Acid).
• Hada Labo Replenishing Hydrator ($18, 1.7oz) – This is the product that one is sold every two seconds. It is quickly absorbs, combats dullness and moisture loss. Pro Tip: use anytime your skin needs a boost, even over makeup!
• Hada Labo Anti-Aging Hydrator ($18, 1.7oz) – This formulation is very much like a moisturizing and hydrating serum. The active ingredients Retinol Complex and Collaplus G help promote elastin and collage, reverse aging and skin renewal. Pro Tip: Dot on cheekbones for a subtle highlight.
• Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream ($25, 1.76oz) – This is a gel/cream is a hybrid of serum and the intense hydration of a moisturizer, with high concentrations of Super Hyaluronic Acid to plump fine lines and wrinkles. It is clinically shown to moisturize for up to 24 hours after application Pro Tip: Blend with your foundation and make a tinted moisturizer.
• Hada Labo Age Correcting Cream ($22, .5oz) – A lightweight eye cream that assists with signs of fatigue and aging. This was by far my favorite product of this line. It really did make me look less tired and more alert. Pink Silt Tree Bark Extract, Camapu Extract, Caffeine and light diffusing pigments really helped brighten my eyes and blur the signs of aging.
You can find Hada Labo Tokyo at Ulta and the entire line is on sale at the moment. So now’s the time if you’d like to take your skin to the lab.
Hollyis a Midwestern gal living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. She loves gardening, animals and is a skin care junkie. Holly is always on the quest to try something new or old and live the best life possible.
skin tone: NW 20
skin type: a true combo; normal, dry and oily
favorite beauty product: skincare