The Walking Dead is back with season 7 and every time I watch it, I am hit with the question: What would I do in the event of a zombie apocalypse (or other natural disaster)? The hubby and I are fairly rural, so our chances of survival are decent. We have a generator, well water and a stockpile of canned goods, dehydrated meals, etc. in case a snowstorm traps us here (an ice storm once made our road impassible for 2 weeks). I am 86% confident we’ll survive! Not too shabby odds. Which brings us to this week’s 3 Things…
(And please enjoy our editor Stef’s Zombie Miss America pageant Halloween costume above!)
1. Are you ready for the zombie apocalypse/other natural disasters? I’m more ready for a basic natural disaster. I used to be a Girl Scout; I like to be prepared. We always have gas for the generator, about 3 months of food, and plenty of wood for the wood stove. I’m a big believer in being self-sufficient.
2. Do you stay or go? And if you go, where? I’d probably stay where I am. If I did have to leave my home, I’d probably drive up into the mountains nearby and camp, weather permitting.
3. Weapon of choice? My sparkling wit? However, I did buy the hubby a crossbow for Christmas a few years ago. Pro tip: Those suckers are A LOT harder to use than Daryl makes it look on The Walking Dead!
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. Are you ready for the zombie apocalypse/other natural disasters?
2. Do you stay or go? And if you go, where?
3. Weapon of choice?
Krista resides in the middle of nowhere with her bff/hubby and a puppy that makes feral capuchins seem mellow. She has an irrational fear of ax murder, owns more than one machete for home defense/the zombie apocalypse, and goes to sleep serenaded by the sounds of the Chupagobbler, a mythical turkey beast that roams the woods around her house. Krista has been in the Bermuda Triangle twice and still hasn’t vanished. She is super proud of that.
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush