I’m pushing 40 and I’ve only been engaged in a Secret Santa situation once in my life. What made it super fun was that I worked at a place that had 5 Krista’s with a K on staff. So when it was time to exchange our secret Santa gifts, I ended up with nothing because everybody assumed the Krista they were shopping for was another Krista and I was new on staff. When one of the other Kristas saw she had 2 gifts, she realized one was mine (because I was the only person out of 30 people at the holiday party sitting like an ass with no gift!)
The good part of it all was the lady who got my name thought it was a Krista she was friends with, so I scored a much nicer/better gift than the Secret Santa exchange called for. Which brings us to this week’s 3 Things…
1. Have you ever done a Secret Santa? Yes. See above. It was not as awesome as I thought it’d be.
2. What was the best/worst Secret Santa gift you ever got? Well, I only ever did a Secret Santa exchange once. The limit was $25 and I scored about $60 worth of candles and candle accessories. Take that, other Kristas!
3. What was the most ridiculous Secret Santa gift you’ve witnessed? When I was in college, one of my friends did one for her workplace. She took $25 and got the most random grouping of stuff from a Dollar Tree and put it in a gift bag. She was shopping for a guy and ended up getting him things like a turkey baster, some generic perfume called Jungle Queen that smelled like a dead body, plus size knee highs, a generic Barbie that had a bad paint job and looked like she had one eye that was twice the size of the other, a plastic sword, a yoyo, some generic bubble bath, pork rinds and some other random stuff that did not form a cohesive gift. It was like gifting someone a giant bag of WTF and it was glorious.
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. Have you ever done a Secret Santa?
2. What was the best/worst Secret Santa gift you ever got?
3. What was the most ridiculous Secret Santa gift you’ve witnessed?
Krista resides in the middle of nowhere with her bff/hubby and a puppy that makes feral capuchins seem mellow. She has an irrational fear of ax murder, owns more than one machete for home defense/the zombie apocalypse, and goes to sleep serenaded by the sounds of the Chupagobbler, a mythical turkey beast that roams the woods around her house. Krista has been in the Bermuda Triangle twice and still hasn’t vanished. She is super proud of that.
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush