The days are shorter up here in New England and the nights are bitterly cold. It’s kind of bleak! As I type this, there’s 8 inches of the fluffy white stuff on the ground and this girl is going nowhere today. On top of that, I’m feeling a good mope coming on and the beginnings of a cold. Which means one thing: COMFORT FOOD!
Now, that’s going to be a challenge right now because I’ve doubled down on my low carb efforts as part of my New Year resolutions and let’s face it–the most comforting foods are usually chock full o’ carbs. But I will figure something out, I’m feeling super motivated, y’all. Which brings us to this week’s 3 Things…
1. What is your #1 go-to/all-time favorite comfort food? Macaroni and cheese. Followed by grilled cheese and tomato soup. Followed by chicken soup. Followed by pot roast and mashed potatoes.
2. Why? It has all of the cheeses and all of the carbs and it is magical! Plus, Stouffer’s mac and cheese was one of the rare meals we had growing up that weren’t completely terrible (my folks could not cook).
3. Give us the recipe of your favorite comfort food… I shared my recipe for mac and cheese on here ages ago, but here it is again: World’s Best Mac and Cheese recipe
Also–here’s my easy recipe for Chicken Soup, perfect for what ails you!
– Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken
– 4 C chicken broth
– 2 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion, finely diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 celery stalks, sliced
– 3 carrots, sliced
– 1/2 can diced tomatoes
– salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, add fresh veggies, cook until soft (about 10 minutes). Add tomatoes and chicken broth and cook covered over medium until tomatoes start to disintegrate (about 30 minutes). Add shredded meat from rotisserie chicken and heat through, about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Your turn, we heartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. What is your #1 go-to/all-time favorite comfort food?
3. Give us the recipe of your favorite comfort food…
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush
Latest posts by krista
- Pat McGrath Lust: Gloss – The Only Lip Gloss You’ll Ever Need - July 9, 2019
- CoTZ Pure Botanicals & Minerals – Mineral Sunscreen Review - May 23, 2019
- Who Wants Cake? (Answer: We ALL Want Cake!) - April 4, 2019