Valentine’s Day is just days away. And while I’m a fan of treating my husband with love and adoration 24/7, 365 days a year, I do still observe Valentine’s Day.
We usually get each other small, goofy gifts that will make the other person laugh, nothing too crazy or expensive. Literally, just a token of esteem. We NEVER go out to dinner because we both kind of hate crowds and packed, loud restaurants on Valentine’s Day don’t actually scream “ROMANCE!” to us.
That being said, I’ve had the same Valentine for my entire, adult life. I have had it easy and I know how lucky I am for it. One of my best friends is online dating right now and she’s starting to get a wee bit discouraged. The sheer number of nude requests and dick pics she gets is startling, to say the least.. Cupid would be disappointed. Which brings us to this week’s 3 Things…
1. Do you have a Valentine this year? As always, my beloved hubby. He’s kind of stuck with me.
2. Have you ever dated someone you met online? Nope. I’ve only ever dated my husband. We met in 9th grade and got together immediately after high school graduation. We’ve been together ever since. I think if we hadn’t worked out, I’d be a spinster with a lot of dogs. Like, a LOT.
3. Chocolate, jewelry, or lingerie? I love sparkly things, so if I had to pick one, then jewelry. Which is funny because my husband NEVER buys me jewelry. Ever. Like, I can count on one hand how much he’s gifted me jewelry in over 20 years together. Okay, so that’s not really funny as much as it is sad.
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. Do you have a Valentine this year?
2. Have you ever dated someone you met online?
3. Chocolate, jewelry, or lingerie?
Krista resides in the middle of nowhere with her bff/hubby and a puppy that makes feral capuchins seem mellow. She has an irrational fear of ax murder, owns more than one machete for home defense/the zombie apocalypse, and goes to sleep serenaded by the sounds of the Chupagobbler, a mythical turkey beast that roams the woods around her house. Krista has been in the Bermuda Triangle twice and still hasn’t vanished. She is super proud of that.
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush