If you’re like me, you probably have a pet. If you’re an animal-obsessed weirdo like me, you might spoil them and treat them like children…furry children who eat their own #2’s.
I recently decided to win the award for “Pet Mom of the Year” and ordered a BarkBox for my two dogs. They got their first one yesterday. There were jerky treats and toys with squeakers just begging to be ripped out (FYI, the medical term is squeakerectomy). I think the puggle actually smiled and my other dog seemed slightly less depressed. We joke that she’s the reincarnation of Sylvia Plath. Which brings us to this week’s 3 Things…
1. Pets–furry companions or furry babies? They’re my kids. I don’t have human kids, so I have four-legged ones. And to be honest, I’m super happy I don’t have to figure out how I’m going to fund college for them.
2. What was the craziest thing you’ve ever done for a pet? I made a dog-friendly cake for one of their birthdays. It was not human friendly and a ton of work, so I only did it the once, but I have to admit–making a special cake for your dog’s birthday is a little extreme.
3. Do you pay to have them groomed? Am I the only person who tells their dogs that their grooming appointments are “a day of beauty”? I mean, they’re getting their hair and nails did, so for a person that’s a fancy salon appointment. I think it makes them feel fancy. Don’t you judge me.
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. Pets–furry companions or furry babies?
2. What was the craziest thing you’ve ever done for a pet?
3. Do you pay to have them groomed?
Krista resides in the middle of nowhere with her bff/hubby and a puppy that makes feral capuchins seem mellow. She has an irrational fear of ax murder, owns more than one machete for home defense/the zombie apocalypse, and goes to sleep serenaded by the sounds of the Chupagobbler, a mythical turkey beast that roams the woods around her house. Krista has been in the Bermuda Triangle twice and still hasn’t vanished. She is super proud of that.
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush