It’s that time again—SPRING is here! For me, that means spring cleaning my house AND my makeup collection. Now’s the time of year where I ask myself if I absolutely am in love with a product or if I’m just hoarding things to own them.
I also swatch my lipsticks and blushes to see if I have any duplicates that I don’t need. Let me tell you–NOTHING tells you that you need to cut back on your makeup addiction than realizing you own 10 lipsticks in nearly identical shades. And 9 of them have been swatched maybe once. And of course, once I overhaul my stash, I go out and add to it with the new spring collection makeup releases. It’s a vicious cycle, people. Vicious.
Which brings us to this week’s 3 Things: Spring Beauty…
1. What beauty product do you always buy too much of? I always buy too much blush, but I can justify those pretty easily. I go wrong with lipsticks. Specifically berry pink shades. I tend to buy essentially identical lipsticks in the same berry shade from numerous brands. That, and red lipsticks. I just collect red lipsticks. I’m always looking for “the perfect red”, but I’m kissing a lot of frogs, ladies. I think I own a couple dozen lipsticks in various red shades and I maybe wear 2-3 of them. And I can’t stop–because “the perfect red” is out there, I can feel it! Unfortunately, so can my credit card…
2. What is your #1 must-have spring beauty buy? Peach or coral blush. (Stef agrees, that’s a selection of her coral blushes shown above.) I always buy one or two blushes in this shade and basically wear them to death through the summer.
3. Whose spring makeup collection are you most in love with? I have a post forthcoming, but I lost my everloving mind over the Chanel spring 2017 collection–I bought both tweed blush offerings they had because I couldn’t resist the majesty of them. They look like the classic Chanel tweed BUT IN BLUSH FORM. I couldn’t resist. I tried. Not very hard, but I tried.
Your turn, weheartsters! Cut and paste the following into the comments and tell us these 3 Things:
1. What beauty product do you always buy too much of?
2. What is your #1 must-have spring beauty buy?
3. Whose spring makeup collection are you most in love with?
Krista lives in the middle of nowhere with her amazing hubby and two codependent dogs that love to hate each other. She enjoys dance parties of one and last minute road trips, prays for Angela Lansbury’s immortality and can never own enough blush. She averages one “Silence of the Lambs” quote a week and feels no shame over this. Perhaps she should.
skin tone: NW15
skin type: sensitive/oily
favorite beauty product: Blush, lots and lots of blush