Plus, sun protection tips from Eucerin
“There’s nothing to dooooo!” If you’re a parent, I’m sure you’re very familiar with this dreaded phrase. But this summer, you can arm yourself with the tools to thwart it the moment it escapes your little one’s mouths.
It’s very simple really, make an activity jar. It can be as lovely as the one shown here, or as simple as a shoe box covered with wrapping paper. What’s important is what’s inside. Fill the box with suggestions of all the things you CAN do, and let the kids pick one at random any time boredom sets in. Be sure to include both indoor and outdoor activities. Some of my favorites…
• Make Cookies
• Dress Up (choose different types of characters and let imaginations run wild)
• Build a Blanket Fort
• Paint Rocks
• Homemade Slime (this one looks really fun, I used to love slime!)
• Hopscotch Tournament
• Biggest Bubble Contest
• Lemonade Stand
• Soda Bottle Sprinkler
Of course, if you pick an outdoor activity, make sure you’re protected from the sun. Sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and in some cases, even lead to skin cancer, so it’s important to manage your sun exposure on a daily basis.
Eucerin offered these sun protection tips:
• Seek shade. If you have a shade tree or a covered porch, utilize them (and, I’m jealous of you!)
• Avoid being in the sun between 10am and 4pm (when it’s the strongest.) If you have a choice of early morning or early evening for your activity, it’s a wise choice to make.
• Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you head outside. Don’t forget the tops of your ears, nose, eyelids, back, hands, feet and shoulders. Eucerin Daily Protection Lotions are lightweight SPF moisturizers that provide head-to-toe sun protection. The SPF 15 Body Lotion helps protect against daily UV exposure, while SPF 30 Face Lotion moisturizes and protects with UVA/UVB sunscreens.
• Wear sunglasses to help protect eyes and sensitive skin around them from UV rays.
Eucerin sent us some fun supplies to host a Summer Kickoff Party and try some of the activities we’re suggesting for the kids activity jar. Of course, I’m child free, as are most of my friends. So my husband and I just took an afternoon and acted child-like! I waited for the concrete area in front of the garage to get shady, drew my hopscotch board and got started…
Hopscotch is way harder than I remember! Don’t I look like some sort of deranged starfish in the photo at left?
But bubbles? They’re perhaps even MORE fun than they were as a kid.
Truth is, an activity jar will be just as much fun for you as it will be for the kids. Just follow Eucerin’s sun protection tips and go play!
Disclosure: we heart this is part of the Eucerin Skin First Network and has been provided with samples and compensation for this post. For more info, or any questions, please see our disclosure policy.
skin tone: NC 25/30
skin type: oily with a fear of rosacea
favorite beauty product: high end skincare and lip products
Latest posts by stef
- Before and After Microblading Photos (And Why the Healing Process is A LOT Easier Now…) - November 3, 2019
- Here’s How to Fight Skin Aging Inside and Out… - April 23, 2019
- New Season, Healthier You - April 19, 2019