Who doesn’t love a good hamburger? They’re the obvious choice for any casual get-together; economical and easy. And with the help of this recipe, your burgers will never be dry and always delicious!
I found a recipe touting the “Juiciest Burgers Ever” on allrecipes.com and made a few adjustments, producing what I truly believe is the tastiest burgers I’ve ever made. The main change? Rather than the recommended bread crumbs, I substituted a panade (a bread and milk mixture).
Now, burger purests will cry that beef with added bread is a meatloaf, not a hamburger. But I feel the bread soaks in some of the juices and keeps the burger moist. And here’s a tip, NEVER squish your burger with your spatula. You know how it releases all that moisture? You want to keep those juices inside your patty…you’ll taste the difference.
For our Grease party, I used this recipe and made sliders. Because mini is more fun! (And it saved more room on my plate for fried things.)
- 2 pounds ground beef (an 80/20 fat percent works well)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 slices of bread
- 6 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Don’t skip this! It adds very little heat, but a TON of flavor)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of parsley, pepper and paprika
- 4 buns or 8 slider buns
- 4-8 slices of cheese, your choice (optional)
1. In a bowl, add the evaporated milk to the bread slices, pressing on bread to allow milk to absorb. Pull apart and mix bread with fork, making a paste.
2. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, panade (bread and milk), Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and garlic using your hands. Form the mixture into 8 sliders or 4 large hamburger patties.
3. Over medium high heat, cook patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done.
You can add whatever kind of toppings you’d like. I kept these All-American for the party; American cheese, ketchup and mustard. But I love a burger with blue cheese and apple too. The combos are endless, as long as you have a good base. And now, you will!
Stef, co-editor of we heart this, loves nothing more than a great burger and a fab lip gloss.
Latest posts by stef
- Before and After Microblading Photos (And Why the Healing Process is A LOT Easier Now…) - November 3, 2019
- Here’s How to Fight Skin Aging Inside and Out… - April 23, 2019
- New Season, Healthier You - April 19, 2019