Whip up a ‘super bowl’ of this dip for snack fans this weekend!
I have never been a snacker. Well, until this past year. I blame my husband. Seriously! He is always searching for a little something in between meals. I know there is no way he is hungry, because I make all the meals and dish out seconds to him most times. I think he is bored most often and just enjoys something to mindlessly munch while watching TV.
If I go through all the effort in putting out a snack for him, you better believe I am going to take part in the eating of said snack. I decided it’s time to make some healthy snacks. My husband was not for this at all!
This is a lightened up version of the Green Goddess Dip, one of my favorite vintage-y salad dressing inspired dips. I am the queen of dairy products, for sure. So you better believe that if I say a simple move of subbing in Greek yogurt in place of sour cream not only tastes awesome but saves you calories, it is the hand-to-God honest truth.
I bust this dip out on weekends and enjoy it with veggies while my husband goes through an entire bag of Pop Chips. (If you haven’t tried Pop Chips, do it! They are my new favorite chip with half the calories and fat.). And it would make a great addition to your Super Bowl spread this weekend. I am not saying that I won’t indulge in a chip or two, or ten – but at least I’ll feel better about it thanks to this dip!
Light Green Goddess Dip
Adapted from Food & Wine
(Makes 2 ½ Cups)
• 1 1/2 Cups Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
• 1/2 Cup Low-Fat Sour Cream
• 1/2 Cup Packed Flat-Leaf Parsley Leaves
• 2 Tablespoons Snipped Chives
• 1 Tablespoon Tarragon Leaves
• 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
• 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
• 3 Oil-Packed Anchovies
• Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients.
2. Puree until smooth. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
3. Top with some extra chopped herbs and serve with a variety of fresh vegetables.
Tip: Dip will last stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for a week.
we heartsters – what are your favorite healthy snacks?