We’ve got a press pass to IMATS this weekend, which is pretty much Christmas, my birthday and Halloween all wrapped up in one. I save money throughout the year so I can go and purchase with an abandon that equals an end-of-the-world sort of frenzy. I made a cheat sheet for who Tyna and I going to see, and I thought I should share it in case you’re going too. If you bump into us, please say hi!
But first, 3 tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and layer your clothes. Seriously comfortable shoes, not bearable heels, I’m talking flats. And it’s cold outside, but hot in the hall.
– Bring the biggest bag you have (you’ll need it) and fill it with only the absolute necessities.
- Bring makeup wipes, you are going to be swatching like your life depends on it!
Here are the booths we’re most excited to see and why (in alphabetic order)…
• BFTE Cosmetics – we’ll be partying with Crystal (and her guest Phyrra) the night before, and we’re super excited to see this line of vibrant mineral makeup in person.
• Ardell – China Glaze’s parent co, enough said!
• Cailyn – their Gel Eyeliner looks fab.
• Embryolisse – cult-classic moisturizers.
• Gleam – love their Lip Radiance, but have never seen their Body Radiance in person. Now I will.
• Graftobian – I heard amazing things about this pro line’s HD makeup.
• Hakuhodo – I love to torture myself with brushes I can’t afford!
• Inglot – any day I can see Inglot in person is a good day.
• Lime Crime – I NEED to see their Velvetine lip gloss in person.
• MAC PRO – we heart this friend Gregory Arlt is speaking Saturday at 2pm, and we’ll raid their counter like fiends beforehand.
• Makeup Geek – I’m hoping Marlena’s line is going to be there. But if it’s only her, I’ll be happy to just say hi.
• Nigel’s – imagine the beauty supply store of your dreams. This place is a North Hollywood institution.
• Naime’s – This LA superstore will be there with some names we know (Laura Mercier) and ones we look forward to meeting (Eylure).
• Naked Cosmetics – I need their eye shadow primer rather badly.
• OCC – long time friends of wht, founder David Klasfeld is speaking Saturday at 1pm, and I will collect Lip Tars like they’re going on of style.
• ORG Skincare – absolutely intrigued by this Asian influence line.
• Royal & Langnickel – The deluxe brush set I picked up in 2011 has been my go-to brushes ever since. I’d like to add a couple more to my collection.
• Stila – I want to see the entire line of Liquid Lipstick.
• Sugarpill – I’m so looking forward to once again seeing Amy and her gorgeous line in person.
• Vanitymark – AKA Dr. Kiss.
• Youngblood – I’ve been wanting to be matched for one of their mineral foundations forever, now’s my chance.
Readers, are you going to IMATS? Who are you excited to see?