We’ve got a press pass to IMATS this weekend, which is pretty much Christmas, my birthday and Halloween all wrapped up in one. I save money throughout the year so I can go and purchase with an abandon that equals an end-of-the-world sort of frenzy. I made a cheat sheet for who Tyna and I going to see, and I thought I should share it in case you’re going too. If you bump into us, please say hi!
But first, 3 tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and layer your clothes. Seriously comfortable shoes, not bearable heels, I’m talking flats. And it’s cold outside, but hot in the hall.
– Bring the biggest bag you have (you’ll need it) and fill it with only the absolute necessities.
- Bring makeup wipes, you are going to be swatching like your life depends on it!
Here are the booths we’re most excited to see and why (in alphabetic order)…
• BFTE Cosmetics – we’ll be partying with Crystal (and her guest Phyrra) the night before, and we’re super excited to see this line of vibrant mineral makeup in person.
• Ardell – China Glaze’s parent co, enough said!
• Cailyn – their Gel Eyeliner looks fab.
• Embryolisse – cult-classic moisturizers.
• Gleam – love their Lip Radiance, but have never seen their Body Radiance in person. Now I will.
• Graftobian – I heard amazing things about this pro line’s HD makeup.
• Hakuhodo – I love to torture myself with brushes I can’t afford!
• Inglot – any day I can see Inglot in person is a good day.
• Lime Crime – I NEED to see their Velvetine lip gloss in person.
• MAC PRO – we heart this friend Gregory Arlt is speaking Saturday at 2pm, and we’ll raid their counter like fiends beforehand.
• Makeup Geek – I’m hoping Marlena’s line is going to be there. But if it’s only her, I’ll be happy to just say hi.
• Nigel’s – imagine the beauty supply store of your dreams. This place is a North Hollywood institution.
• Naime’s – This LA superstore will be there with some names we know (Laura Mercier) and ones we look forward to meeting (Eylure).
• Naked Cosmetics – I need their eye shadow primer rather badly.
• OCC – long time friends of wht, founder David Klasfeld is speaking Saturday at 1pm, and I will collect Lip Tars like they’re going on of style.
• ORG Skincare – absolutely intrigued by this Asian influence line.
• Royal & Langnickel – The deluxe brush set I picked up in 2011 has been my go-to brushes ever since. I’d like to add a couple more to my collection.
• Stila – I want to see the entire line of Liquid Lipstick.
• Sugarpill – I’m so looking forward to once again seeing Amy and her gorgeous line in person.
• Vanitymark – AKA Dr. Kiss.
• Youngblood – I’ve been wanting to be matched for one of their mineral foundations forever, now’s my chance.
Readers, are you going to IMATS? Who are you excited to see?
more posts to heart
Filed in: beauty & fashion