Our favorite budget-friendly pieces for a holiday in the sun
The January chill has set in and it has me dreaming of tropical temperatures and sandy beaches. While I don’t have a sunny getaway on the books (yet!) a girl can dream; and I have been spying vacation-inspired Pintrest boards and eyeing the latest resort lines out in stores.
Whether you’re in the midst of planning a vacation with friends and family, or are just an avid daydreamer like me, here are our top 5 picks from this year’s resort lines for the budget-conscious perma-vacationer.
1. Peplum — This fancy-meets-casual style has been making the rounds over the past several seasons and will be coming with us into 2013. Try Topshop’s peplum magenta tank for a night at the resort.
2. Big Prints – When going for a pattern, you really can’t go wrong with chevron. Try this Target chevron beach bag for toting all your vacation essentials.
3. Stripes – One item that is always a must for time by the coast, is a comfy oversized sweater, and this slouchy striped one (now on sale at SheInside.com) is a great option for when the sun goes down or your cozying up to the bonfire.
4. Sporty – These summery and casual Linen Drawstring Pants from 2b are great to pull on over your bathing suit for poolside appetizers or your walk to and from the sand.
5. Brights – Try this trend in a classic piece, like Old Navy’s Women’s Camp Shirt (it’s available in several bright, beachy shades); it can be paired with your white skinnies or tossed over your bathing suit for a casual cover-up.
Just because you’re breaking into the vacation fund early in the year, doesn’t mean that your look needs to suffer. Enjoy your getaway in style!
Too busy to get away, but still find yourself dreaming of the beach? Treat yourself to this Trina Turk gold coral necklace, crank the heat, pour yourself a lemonade and dig into some guac and chips!
Readers – are you planning a winter escape this year? Tell us where you’re going and what you’re buying as you hit the beaches!
Marissa is a public relations professional by day and jewelry designer and entrepreneur by night. She has an affinity for creativity and inspiring style and loves writing, reading, and being in the sun.
more posts to heart
Filed in: beauty & fashion