After more than three years online at we heart this, the question Stef and I still hear most frequently is “How can I become a member of the we heart this review team?” Well listen up Fashionistas, the we heart this review team wants you!
We’re looking for a fashion writer to join our team and share in the perks. And by ‘perks’ I mean beauty products! Approximately every six to eight weeks our team receives a box of goodies filled with the latest and greatest in bath, body and makeup to put to test.
Need another reason? If you have your own fashion blog this is a great opportunity to promote your site while being active on wht. Your bio and image will be added to our review team page and your monthly column will include a credit and blurb with links to the blog or site you wish to promote.
We’re thrilled to say our site is growing more popular every day (thanks chicks!) and we’re currently ranked in the top 30,000 sites in the United States (Source: Alexa). Plus your column will be promoted across the social blogosphere including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
We’re looking for a new writer with a passion for fashion and serious shopping skills to share their wisdom with our readers. In exchange for fabulous boxes full of products sure to make you squeal, we ask for two tiny things from you:
- Author one or two posts per month for the wht site (we’ll discuss if you’re chosen).
- Leave a comment to review and rate every product you receive.
Sound good? Here’s how you apply:
1. Email us with the subject: wht Fashion Writer Application.
2. In a few sentences, let us know about your fashion style and what you think you can add to the wht team.
3. Include an approximately 100-200 word fashion post (we will not publish any application) or a link to your favorite post you’ve penned, so we can get an idea of your writing style.
Other things to let us know in the email:
• If you have a blog (or contribute to one) please include the name and URL.
• If you live in Los Angeles or New York City and would be willing to attend fashion events as a representative of wht, please let us know.
• Share any specialty you think will help your posts (like photoshop skills or if you’re a fashion student) and special credit for the following:
- Are you a Polyvore user? Let us know and feel free to supplement your story with a link to a Polyvore collage.
-If you can take a good photograph (meaning bright and in focus), include one example of your work.
We’ll be accepting entries through Wednesday, May 16th. We’ll email you if you are added to the team and you can expect a review box soon after that!
Any questions? Ask away in the comments!
more posts to heart
Filed in: beauty & fashion